10

LINA'S POV

I opened my eyes and looked around. I looked down to see an arm around me that didn't belong to me. It was hairier, bigger, muscular. I looked over my shoulder to see Miles, sleeping, making my eyes go wide. Holy shit. As he felt that I was moving, his eyes opened and met with mine.

"Hi." He said.

"Hi." I said.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm okay." I said and he nodded.

We got out of bed and it made out to my kitchen. To my surprise, Miles started looking around in my fridge, he pulled out a carton of yoghurt and easily found two bowls. He poured up some yoghurt and pushed the bowl over the bar counter to me.

"You need to eat." He said and handed me a spoon.

"Thank you." I said and he smiled softly.

"Hey... ehm... thank you for staying last night." I said looking down at the bowl of yoghurt.

"Don't worry bout it." He said with a small smile.

"I feel a little embarrassed, though." I said.

"There is no reason to." He said.

"Still." I said and he leaned onto the counter.

"Lina, I don't care. I wanted to be there for you." He said and I looked up at him.

"Like I've told you, we want to get to know you. Let us." He said and I sighed.

"Wanna know me?" I asked and he nodded.

"Follow me." I said and got up from my seat. I opened the door to my office and which revealed bookshelves filled with framed photos of me as a kid, my mom, my dad, accomplishments, news articles, etc, etc, etc.

"Woah." He let out.

"Everything I've ever done in the Navy and at Top Gun is in here. Every article anyone has written about me. It might sound like I love myself but I can look at these things and remind myself of who I am when life throws me a curveball." I said and he looked down at me.

"Mission Valley." He said and looked at a picture of the team that flew the mission, as well as the report I had to write about it afterwards.

"One of my biggest accomplishments." I said.

"Hardest mission I've ever flown." I added.

"What's this?" He asked and pointed at an article.

"It's the first time the tabloids connected the dots between me and my dad. They knew he had a daughter but they never knew who I was until then." I said and he nodded.

"Look at you." He mumbled as he looked at a picture of me and my dad.

"Last picture of me and my dad before everything really went south. Two weeks later, I found out my mom had cancer." I said and looked down at the floor.

"Must've been hard." He said and I nodded.

"Yeah." I said.

"He... he never showed up... when mom got sick." I said.

"He filmed another movie instead." I added.

"Barely talked to him for years. One day he just knocked on the door, saying he was sorry." I said.

"Then he left again. He called a few times but I didn't see his face until I was in the Naval Academy and on my way to Top Gun." I explained.

"He had some friends he was visiting in between projects." I added.