Can't We Stay Like This Forever?

I wanna lay like this forever until the sky falls down on me

Ella woke up to tapping on her window. Walker was in his pyjamas, blue and black stripes, with a stupid grin on his face. 

"Ellaaaa open the window" Walker groaned.

Ella smiled and pulled up the window. Walker climbed through, his curly hair getting messed up. Ella was holding back a laugh as Walker tried to work out what was wrong. "What is it? Ella, tell meeee!" 

He turned his head slightly to look in the mirror and his mouth dropped open. "No not my hair!" Walker frowned as he frantically tried to pat his hair down. Ella thought he had never looked cuter. Not like that though. As a friend.

She pushed that thought from her mind, a blush rising to her cheeks. Thankfully, Walker was too clueless and didn't notice a thing. 

"Sooo Ella I have a big question to ask you. Look, I know that you said this ages ago but you mentioned you would like to be an actor? And, well, I thought it would be cool if we auditioned for something together." 

"Walker that's so sweet of you but I've never done any acting classes, or anything related to acting."

He smirked at her. "Well there's something about the role you don't know."

"Walker what is it?" she asked suspiciously.

"It's for a TV that is a book adaptation, a series we are both super familiar with. Something we read in Grade 3.."

"Wait is this what I think it is? PERCY JACKSON?"

"Bingo"

"NO WAY THAT WOULD BE SO COOL! Oh wait, I still don't have any acting experience. I would never get a role over actual actors. But you should audition for Percy!"

"It doesn't matter, I had no experience before Adam Project. You would be a perfect Annabeth."

"I don't look anything like her. The fans would go crazy if they didn't get a blonde Annabeth again. I can't."

"Just send in a tape please. For me?" He looked at her with puppy dog eyes.

"Fine. But don't expect me to get anything."

"Yes thank you this is why you're my best friend!" He hugged her tightly. Ella rested her head on Walker's shoulder and almost sighed. She wanted to stay in this moment forever, just a happy feeling with her best friend.

He broke the hug and Ella felt disappointed. It wasn't that she liked him more than a friend or anything, she just missed him. And finally he was back.

"Let's watch a movie!" Walker burst out.

"Let me guess, Deadpool?" Ella asked with a grin.

"You know it!"

Ella pulled out her laptop and started the movie. Walker lay down next to her on her bed and gave her a hug. She leant into him, her head resting on his chest. They lay like that for the rest of the movie, until Walker said he had to go back to his house. He smiled at her as he climbed out the window and went back to his room.

Ella pulled out her phone and saw a message from her best friend Ciara.

Cici

Hey lala call me when you can <3

Ella quickly FaceTimed Ciara, who picked up on the second ring.

"Hey Ciara what's up?"

"Did I see on your Instagram that Walker is back? That's so good for you!"

"Yeah he is we had a sleepover the other day and we watched a movie this morning" Ella replied, a smile stretching across her face. 

"Girl, you're smiling so much. WAIT YOU LIKE WALKER!?!"

"What no he's just my best friend!"

'Yeah keep telling yourself that. You like Walker and there's no denying it!"

'No I don't! Well, exciting news, Walker told me there are auditions for a Percy Jackson show coming out and he convinced me to send a tape in!"

"Of course he convinced you. He could say anything and you'd do it."

"What no I wouldn't!"

"If Walker asked you to go to France with him, no context, no money, no family going, would you?"

"Well France is a nice experience-"

"See, you can't deny it. You're in love with him! I bet he likes you too, that's why he wants you to audition with him!"

"Okay now you're being ridiculous. I have to stop talking to you, delusional rat."

'Okay bye Ella Scobell! Love you!"

Ella pulled a face at Ciara and hung up the phone. Her phone lit up and she smiled at her wallpaper. A picture of her and Walker taken before he left. She checked her message and saw it was from Ciara.

Cici

You like him!

Contact name changed to Ella Scobell!

Ella rolled her eyes at the message. Her poor delusional friend. There's no way she could like Walker, he's her best friend.

Ella sighed and unlocked her phone, opening the camera app. She already knew most of the lines from the Percy Jackson books anyway, they were some of her favourites. She grabbed out her orange Camp Half-Blood t shirt and started recording.

"Hi, my name is Ella Besson and I am 14 years old. I will be reading for the role of Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena."

Ella read her lines and stopped recording. She looked in the mirror and took a deep breath. She didn't expect anything to come out of this. She clicked send.

A/N I am not sure why I actually wrote a reasonably sized chapter today. Sorry about this uploading schedule, I've been so busy lately. Hope you enjoyed!

Cara

18 January 2024