But Mom, I Want This

It was maybe 3 months later I got the email. The email. 

A Zoom link was attached to the email, with a time 12:30pm. I checked my watch. 12:17pm.

I waited the 13 minutes for the call to come, too nervous to do anything except sit and wait.

12:28

Should I call Walker? What if I was wrong and this wasn't what I thought it was? What if i was getting rejected?

12:29

One minute. Until I find out my fate in acting.

12:30 

No call. Where were they? 

12:31 

Maybe they sent the link to the wrong person?

12:32

The call came through. My heart was beating in my chest as I clicked the answer button.

I was greeted with the casting director, Rick Riordan and his wife, and some other people I didn't know.

"Hey Ella, thank you for joining the call."

"Thank you for having me." I said nervously. God why did I say that?

"We were super impressed with your audition tape, and your chemistry tests with the other actors, and we think you'd be the perfect Annabeth Chase. Congratulations you have the role."

My mouth dropped open and I didn't remember much from there. I said thank you, they said they'd call my parents, and then I clicked off the Zoom call. I screamed a happy scream before opening my window and climbing in the tree that connected my room to Walker's. 

I could see him playing video games inside with his headphones on. I tapped on the window, trying to get his attention, but he couldn't hear. I banged my hand and waved my arms but he still didn't notice. I sighed and sent him a text.

Walkie Talkie

ellebelle

OPEN YOUR WINDOW IM OUTSIDE

He read the message and kind of jumped. He got out of his chair with an apologetic look and opened the window. "Sorry Ella I didn't hear you." He grinned sheepishly

"I know idiot, I might not forgive you. Another second out there and I would've burst."

"I'll pay for ice cream next time we get it to make it up to you."

"Deal. But anyway GUESS WHAT?"

I didn't give him any time to answer and said "I got the part of Annabeth!"

"No way! That's great! This is going to be so much fun, we can hang out on set everyday! Wait we should have midnight feasts and-" 

"Slow down there Walker. Just remember my parents have to say yes."

"They let you go to the audition though?" Walker said confused.

"I bet they didn't think I'd get the part."

-----------------------------------------------

I spent the next few hours with Walker before going home again. My parents took my brothers out for the day and I knew they'd be back around 5, so I made sure to get home before that. At 5:07, I heard the car pull into the driveway. 5:08 I heard the door open. 3, 2, 1-

"ELLA BESSON GET YOUR ASS DOWNSTAIRS!"

I sighed and trudged my way down the stairs. 

"Young lady, do you really think you're going to LA for this TV show? I hope you said no because you're not going!"

This was my moment. My chance.

"I am going."

Silence

"What did you say?"

"I am going. They picked me for a reason, so I won't let them down. I'm going to LA."

"Oh no you're not. You will call them back, apologize, say you've been a brat and cannot go, or I will-"

There was a knock on the door. My mom glared daggers at me. "You will wait here, this conversation is not over." She turned away to open the door.

I sat in silence. How could she not let me? Well, it was obvious. She didn't want me being more famous than my brother, and she knew the TV show would be a big hit. She also wanted me miserable, and for no one to know me.

A few minutes later, she came back into the lounge room, a scowl on her face. "Pack your bags" she muttered.

"What?" I said, in disbelief.

"Pack your bags, you're going with the Scobell's. Pack everything you own, because you're not coming back. If you go, you don't come back and no contact with us again. Any of us." I stopped. She thought she had me trapped. She knew how much I loved my brothers. Could I really leave them?

Around the corner, my brother Carson appeared and I knew he was listening the entire time. I looked at him, tears forming in my eyes. My mother looked triumphant, knowing I couldn't say yes. Carson locked eyes with me and gave a slight nod, and I knew he had a plan. He gave me a small smile before going back to his room. I sat up a bit straighter and looked at my mother dead in the eye.

"Fine by me."

A/N sorry for not updating in so long pookies! I don't know anything about casting processes or anything like that so don't trust any of that information I did my best. 

Also TTPD may be my third favorite Taylor album it's so good?!?