Movie Marathon

What a feeling to be right here beside you now, holding you in my arms

*months later*

Ella's POV

I was over at Walker's house, we were planning a Percy Jackson movie rewatch. Both of us were in our orange Camp Half-Blood t shirts, preparing snacks like popcorn and chips for our massive monthly movie night.

Our massive monthly movie night is something we've done since we were little. I go over to Walker's house and we spend the day/night watching movies. Generally we get through about 5 or 6 movies and this month our first two were Percy Jackson.

We hadn't gotten any calls about Percy Jackson, so we knew we weren't in. There wasn't any rejection letter either, but they must have forgotten us. It had been months since we sent the tapes in and they had to have started filming by now. Surprisingly, I think we were both okay, because nothing had said no. Watching these movies just felt like a bit of closure.

"Okay our first movie of the night is the amazing 2010 Percy Jackson and the lightning thief, closely followed by Percy Jackson's 2013 movie, the Sea of Monsters. Walker, next movie pick is yours."

"Okay after careful consideration I have decided on Ryan Reynolds, 6 Underground!"

"That's such a good movie one of my favourites! My pick is.... Now You See Me!"

"Okay that's fair. A solid illusion movie to follow my amazing pick. For my second, and final choice... Tangled!"

"Tangled?!? Why Tangled?"

"Leena and her friends were watching it the other day. I walked past and it actually looked really good."

"Wow okay that was unexpected. For my final pick... Valentine's Day!"

"Is that because of Taylor Swift?"

"Yes and? I could have chosen Little Women for Timothée Chalamet. Or Maze Runner for Thomas Sangster. Or Karate Kid for-"

"Okay, okay I get it."

As the Lightning Thief started I felt Walker's arms wrap around me. 

He's my best friend.

This is what best friends do, isn't it?

walkerscobell

liked by vancityreynolds and 409,738 others

walkerscobell massive monthly movie night with my best friend @ellabesson_

ellabesson_ this was so much fun

walkerscobell see you for it next month

leenascobell guess who wasn't invited

walkerscobell idk ella was there...

user2 LMAO

user6 STOP WALKER'S SO FUNNY

jennahart13 omg this looks so fun we have to do this sometime

ciarasolaceee walker don't steal my bae from me

walkerscobell no promises

jennahart13 ciara dw hes joking right walker?

user5 WALKER IS TOTALLY DATING HER

user4 who tf is jennahart13

user7 I think she is one of ellas friends

user4 why tf is she commenting on walkers post and didn't even like ellas then

user1 nahhh somethings up

user7 LMFAO I DIDN'T EVEN REALISE THAT

user3 that's actually so fake @ellabesson_ drop her

user8 real

The credits of Valentine's Day started and I started singing along to 'If This Was A Movie' one of my favourite Taylor Swift songs. I was halfway through when Walker switched off the movie.

"WALKER WHAT WAS THAT FOR I WAS SINGING ALONG"

"I know" he smirked.

"You suck" I frowned before picking up the closest pillow and walking him in the face. Walker acted all shocked before hitting me with a pillow. We started a full on pillow fight, shrieking and laughing. Soon there was a lock on the door and Walker's mum Heather poked her head around. 

"Walker can you come downstairs please? There's a FaceTime call for you."

Naturally we were both curious.

We walked downstairs and there was a laptop set up on the table. I stayed back, off camera and Walker went and sat down.

"Hello?" He said.

"Hello Walker Scobell, nice to finally meet you." It was Rick Riordan, the author of Percy Jackson. my mouth dropped open in shock. "Walker, we absolutely loved your tape you sent in for Percy Jackson, and we are so sorry we didn't stay in touch for a while. But after narrowing it down to a few people, we thought you would be perfect for the role. Walker, you got the part."

Walker looked shocked and happy at the same time. "Thank you" was all he could manage to say. His parents reached over and hugged him, and I've never seen Walker this happy before. He looked over at me and stood up. The rest was a blur. Within seconds I ended up in Walker's arms and we were hugging. 

"I'm so proud of you" I whispered in his ear. "You deserve it." Soon enough we broke apart and Rick was looking at us.

"Is that Ella Besson?" Rick asked. 

I glanced at Walker before responding. "Yes this is Ella."

"Ella we were bout to call you. We would like you to come in for some screen tests as we've narrowed it down to a few people for the role of Annabeth. You will do screen tests with a Grover and with Walker here."

I grinned at Walker before rattling off thank you to the people in the Zoom. Then it ended.

A/N Next chapter is again a longer one! The movies that I picked are some of my favourite movies, I totally recommend 6 underground and Now you see me they are so good.

Cara

18 January 2024