⚔6⚔

AN: The rest of the Reborn series will be finished in this book, so don't look for the next book. Seasons 3-8 are all in this book.

Pidge and Hunk literally turned their backs on Keith by facing forwards in their Lions. Lance felt upset as she looked back at the Black Lion, with Keith in it.

'Stop giving Keith a hard time, guys. We have more important things to worry about right now, okay?'

'Fine, Lance,' Pidge and Hunk agreed.

They finished the mission and Keith went to speak with Shiro while the rest of the paladins went back to the castle.

Then, Keith had to leave again for a Blade of Marmora infiltration mission.

"We can't razzle dazzle with only four Lions. Get back in time, please," Lance had said just before he left.

When the time came, he wasn't there. 

'Keith really needs to choose. The Blade or Voltron,' Lance said in the middle of the Lion show.

'Lance, this isn't just about putting on a good show,' Allura countered.

'Never said it was, Allura, but we need the Black Lion and the leader. Without Keith, there is no Voltron, so I can be infuriated if I need to be,' Lance replied evenly.

When Keith returned, Allura spke to him.

And the cycle continued. Keith went on missions with the Blade and Voltron continued their process of helping the liberated systems as well as fighting stray Galran forces.

Then a mission came. And Keith wasn't there.

A convoy was being attacked by Galran cruise ships, so Voltron, except the Black Lion, was there.

There were too many fighters for Hunk to ram.

More cruise ships appeared with probably thousands of fighters arriving and attacking.

'They're everywhere!'

'Two on my tail. Can someone help?!'

'I can't, I'm sorry. They're all over me!'

The four active paladins were bombed and surrounded by fighters, barely taking down seven before twenty more took their place.

'We can't fight this many without four Lions!' Hunk shouted.

'You won't have to!'

'Shiro!' and 'No way!' were shouted by most of the paladins.

Lance was focused and more concerned to bother celebrating Shiro joining them.

'Converge on me. It's time to form Voltron!' Shiro ordered.

They did form Voltron, but it felt different. It didn't feel correct, like when Keith formed Voltron with them. Something was missing this time, except only Lance noticed.

With Voltron, they easily decimated the ships and saved the rebel craft. Voltron flew alongside the rebel ship, earning gasps from the craft.

'Rebel craft, you're safe. We'll escort you the rest of the way to Olkarion,' Shiro stated over the coms.

~~~

'Guys, I...' Keith trailed off as he entered. The entire team, and Coran, were looking at him angrily. Except Lance's looked more disappointed than angry.

'I heard what happened,' Keith said slowly. 'I'm sorry I wasn't there to help.'

'You keep saying you're sorry, yet your actions say otherwise,' Allura reprimanded. 'Do you realize that your absence put the entire team in jeopardy?'