⚔12⚔

Lotor stood before his mother, anger surging through him.

'The anger you feel towards me is to be expected,' Honerva said.

He didn't listen; he couldn't listen, not to this woman. Not to this monster who claimed to be his mother.

All Lotor wanted was peace throughout the universe. He kept the Alteans safe so that they could come out when the universe was safe. He fought his father so that the Galrans could have a true leader who would help them see better ways. He teamed up with Voltron so that the universe would be saved.

And now, standing before his "mother" in handcuffs, anger seeped through his every bone.

'Enough!' he exclaimed, ending Honerva's speech. He would hear no more of this. 'My mother ceased to exist when Honerva drew her last breath. Do not believe for a moment that I would ever accept you as kin.'

His mind turned to the kind smile Lance would give him, with her soft teasing. To Allura's glowing eyes when they did something well. By getting the quintessence, he was ending the Galras life-long pursuit of power. They were going to ensure that quintessence would never fall into the wrong hands, and now Honerva had the power to use it.

'You are an abomination. A twisted version of what was once so pure and beautiful. The end is near, witch. I know you can sense it. If you beg for your life now, maybe I will take pity on you when the time comes,' Lotor said. Or, perhaps, I can stop Lance from killing you.

~~~

Lance looked over the pods filled with so many clones of Shiro. It was dsgusting and revolting, and everything made sense.

'Hello, Lance,' the clone greeted.

Lance turned, her eyes narrowed and alight with rage. 'Hello.' Lace pulled out the black bayard.

C-Shiro charged at Lance, his arm raised to punch, but her Altean broadsword met it.

He was reckless and crazy, figthing with anger not mind.

Lance was angry and furious, but she fought best when it was this way. Her cold fury made way for calculated attacks, which she did now.

Each strike C-Shiro made was met with block after block, his strength barely breaking through her defence. It was like fighting a wall, immovable (sometimes).

They were jumping now, from platform to platform.

C-Shiro's crazy manner resulted in mistake after mistake. Using the sword from his Galra arm; his first mistake. His second mistake was losing his calm in the midst of battle. And his third mistake was letting Lance dictate the battle.

She had him backing away now; her strikes targeting every weak point, every opening. Oddly enough, she never struck to kill.

C-Shiro jumped off a platform as Lance cornered him.

When he turned, he was met by Lance tackling him.

Her sword was a whirlwind, and now C-Shiro was pushed against a railing and Lance's sword was against his.

'That's the Perseus from the stories! Ruthless, a monster, a demon in battle. That's how the stories describe you!'

Distractions are a crazy thing. Sometimes being distracted is a good thing, but sometimes it is not. In this case, it is most certainly not.

C-Shiro knew stories of her past; of Percy. It shocked her.

C-Shiro took the advantage. He shoved back, and Lance's bayard flew out her hand.

Lance was on the defence again, the only thing keeping her alive was her fast reflexes. Twisting and dodging out of strike after strike.

Lance flipped back just in time to dodge a strike. Shiro's blade cut clean through a shelving thing (it held pods with Shiro clones).

'Haggar, get the fuck out of Shiro's head!'

'This is all me, Perseus, all me. I am Shiro! I am this person!'

'That's not true! Shiro was a compassionate person.'

'I should've known you were a monster, after all not everybody can kill a god. You choked a goddess on her own poison. You scared you friend to death. She's terrified of you, like everybody, because you're a beast!' C-Shiro spat ruthlessly. 'She saw that you were broken! Useless! I should've never let you pilot a lion!

'Keith was always better than you. Allura was always stronger than you. Pidge was always smarter than you. Hunk was always kinder. You were, and always will be, nothing. Your opinion is useless and you are a fool!'

Lance's face, which had shown determination seconds before, was now blank. It was cold and cut through the fury she felt.

He's right.

He is not! Get off your self pity train and realise, I chose you. I will choose you over Shiro and Keith because you complete Voltron. The armour proves it, now show that you can prove it too! Black roared back, and Lance's cracking heart stopped shattering. 

That was when the centre pillar started glowing.

C-Shiro's smile turned mad. He was grinning as he stared at the pillar. It was short lived because his grin turned to pain. His Galra arm glowed and he fell down, holding the arm in absolute agony.

It let loose a powerful beam, cutting half the station clean in half.

Shiro's eyes glowed purple again as he stood, his grin was back. His arm crackled.

Lance jumped from the platform to another platform lower, dodging the beam C-Shiro shot at her just.

Thrity-four seconds later and Lance was now hangin from another platform by her right arm, she had no weapon.

She wasn't wighed down and nothing felt like it was dragging her down, but Lance still felt the terror swim through her.

Ignore it. Ignore it. Ignore it, she chanted. She wasn't there. She wasn't hanging over an abyss that still gives her nightmares.

Lance swung herself up and she stood slowly, moving to pull her bayard out, then remembering she didn't have any weapons. Her bayard had been dropped in the fight.

She barely managed to block Shiro's strike, the fear of Tar- Hell still looming over her. Her forearm strained against his strike.

She was on her back, straining, her energy gone. 'Shiro, please, you're my friend. We fought together.'

C-Shiro froze, something in him seemed to hold him back and his strength slackened, but he regained control just as fast.

Lance felt her anger spike when C-Shiro said that her friends were dead. Because of him.

She yelled in anger, her blue eyes flashing to a stormy green. Her hand glowed a soft purple and white enveloping it. Just like that, instead of her forearm straining against's Shiro's strike, there was a black Altean broadsword shoved against C-Shiro's sword, pushing him back.

Lance didn't dwell on how the black bayard had returned, only focusing on defeating Shiro.

She had a new scar on her face, eyes glowing with a storm that promised no mercy and a black sword that would do her bidding.

C-Shiro's galra arm was cut off and gone. Lance stood above him, her eyes flashing with pain before she raised her sword.

That was when the entire Cloning station decided it was time to fully break.

Lance stabbed the sword into the platform and she held an unconscious Shiro by the attached arm.

The platform fell.

AN: Sorry it took so long.