Chapter Two

Rachel Parker was still living at her mother's house. She had gone on a few dates, but no one compared to Jonas. She missed him.

"I wish things with me and Jonas hadn't broken down," she said to her mother, Sharon.

"You'll find somebody else," said Sharon.

"I'm not sure I want to," said Rachel.

Sharon turned on the TV, and switched to the news channel. Rachel couldn't believe what she was seeing. Jonas' face popped up on the screen.

"In other news," said the reporter, "Jonas James comes out of retirement to host the Smile charity telethon."

Rachel started to cry. Sharon put her arm around her.

"I want him back!" wailed Rachel. She thought back to when she first met him, and it made her cry even more.

Then, Rachel made a decision. She would find out where the telethon was being filmed, go there and try to win Jonas back.

"I have to get him back," she said through her tears.

***

Jonas was still nervous about the upcoming telethon. He wasn't sure he had that 'spark' that he used to have.

Amber was there to reassure him. "You'll do great," she said.

Jonas once again put his hands through his hair. He only did that when he was nervous; Amber had spent enough time with him to realise.

"What are you worried about?" asked Amber.

"I'm worried I'm no good in front of the camera any more. It's been so long."

Amber put her hands on Jonas' shoulders, and looked him in the eyes. "Jonas, you will be fine. If anyone can do it, it's you."

Jonas nodded. "You're right. I'll be fine."

The telethon was two weeks away. That meant that Jonas had enough time to get over his nerves.

Amber secretly couldn't wait to see Jonas back to doing what he did best. But she thought it best not to let him know - it might put too much pressure on him.

Suddenly, Amber's phone buzzed. Daisy had sent her a message.

Daisy: I heard the news! I'm so excited!

Amber: I know, me too, but Jonas is feeling a little nervous.

Daisy: Why? He'll be great, as he always is.

Amber: That's what I told him, but it seems the nerves are taking over.

Daisy: He's so adorable when he's nervous. I'm sorry for swooning over your boyfriend, but I can't help it.

Amber: No need to be sorry, and you're right, he is adorable.

"Who are you texting?" asked Jonas as he came up beside Amber.

"Just Daisy," said Amber, putting her phone away.

"I bet she's excited."

"Yeah, she is. But not as excited as I am."

"I find that difficult to believe."

"You don't think Daisy is a bigger fan of yours than I am, do you?"

"You're not my fan, you're my girlfriend."

"I'm your biggest fan," said Amber. "Always have been."

Jonas wrapped Amber in a hug. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For everything. But mostly, for being there for me."

"I'll always be here for you," said Amber.