Chapter Eight

Jonas searched and searched the studio for Amber, but he just couldn't find her. The only place he hadn't looked was the bathroom. He was just about to enter - even though he knew he shouldn't - but then, Amber emerged from the bathroom, eyes puffy and full of tears. She saw Jonas and walked right past him.

"Amber, what's wrong?" asked Jonas.

"I saw you kissing Rachel," said Amber.

"Oh, Amber, she came onto me!"

Amber stopped walking, and looked Jonas in the eyes. "Do you really expect me to believe that?"

"Well it's the truth!" Jonas was almost yelling by now.

"I don't want to talk to you," said Amber. "I'm going home."

"How can you go home? I've got the keys!"

"I mean home to America. I'll be catching the next plane."

"Amber, please!" But by now, Amber had left the studio.

Jonas sat on a sofa in the studio, put his head in his hands and cried.

***

Amber didn't say a word to Jonas the whole limo ride back to the apartment.

Jonas watched as Amber started packing her things.

"Please, Amber, I swear it was all her fault!" Jonas pleaded.

Amber didn't say a word. She just continued packing her stuff.

Jonas had an idea. He exited the apartment, locking the door behind him. Amber was locked in. She banged on the front door and tried to open the door, but she couldn't.

"Jonas!" she yelled. "What have you done?"

But Jonas had already left the apartment complex.

Amber sat on the couch, sulking, and cried herself to sleep.

An hour later, Amber was woken by Jonas' key turning in the front door. When he entered the apartment, Amber was surprised to see Jonas holding a big bunch of flowers, coupled with a few heart balloons, with a smile on his face.

"Wh... what's all this about?" asked Amber.

"This is me saying sorry. Even though it was all Rachel's fault."

"You think a few flowers and balloons will make me forgive you?"

Jonas looked at the ground, and shifted his feet around.

Amber started to cry again. Jonas took her in his arms and kissed her head. "I'm sorry I let this happen," he said.

Amber looked Jonas in the eyes again, but it was a different look to the one she gave earlier. "You promise you don't have feelings for Rachel?"

"I promise," said Jonas.

Amber wrapped her arms around Jonas' waist. "Don't ever let that happen again."

Jonas kissed Amber again. "I love you."

"I love you too."