Chapter Seven

Daisy was still trying to process what happened at the restaurant.

"I'm so sorry she tried to ruin things for you," she said, putting a hand on Amber's shoulder.

"She's not going to ruin anything," said Amber. "I trust Jonas."

"I know you do. And I trust him too."

"On a brighter note," said Amber, getting up off the couch. "You looking forward to all the new stuff coming for Jonas?"

"You know I am," said Daisy.

"I've really enjoyed seeing you," said Amber.

"Same here." Daisy wrapped Amber in a hug.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Coming to see me and Jonas, being my friend... Just everything."

Daisy laughed. "You're welcome."

***

It was time for Jonas to record his new album. Jonas and Amber took the limo to the recording studio. It felt a little like deja vu for Amber, but she was excited all the same.

Amber enjoyed listening to Jonas sing. It was one of her favourite things.

Soon it was time for Jonas to take a break. He decided to take a walk around the studio, just by himself. Amber respected that Jonas needed some time to himself.

Jonas got the shock of his life when he saw Rachel hanging around the studio.

"Rachel," said Jonas, walking up to her. "I told you to leave me alone."

"I just can't," said Rachel. "What does Amber have that I don't?"

Jonas didn't know how to answer that question. He decided to stay silent.

"Well?" asked Rachel.

"We just started hanging out, and-"

Suddenly, Rachel moved in, and kissed Jonas hard.

Amber was taking a walk of her own, when she saw Rachel and Jonas kissing. She felt her stomach drop, and her heart break. She ran away with tears in her eyes.

Jonas pushed Rachel away. "Rach, what are you doing?"

"Shh," Rachel said, and kissed him again.

Jonas backed away again. "We're over, Rachel, and that's that."

Jonas started walking away, looking for Amber.

But she was nowhere to be found.