Treebark/Renchanting Duo - Unlabeled Au Part 1

=============================================================================================

Intro: Based on Eyes And Ears au

Tw// Character death, Violence, Detailed panic attack which may be triggering for some

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 1: The angsty shit

'Twas time for Martyn's test. He was ordered by Ren to behead him, there was no choice. He couldn't go against his orders

"I'll try to get in as many crits-" Ren cut Martyn off "Get it done me laddy!" He shouted at him as he kept his head down. Martyn moved towards him and struck his axe in his back, it wasn't beheading him like Ren asked, but it did kill him.

There was a silence across the server as Ren's death message popped up,

"Renthedog was slain by InTheLittleWood using [RED WINTER IS COMING]"

There was a silence across the server, Martyn stood alone, he called out for Ren. "Ren?"

Ren's body was still there, he should've respawned by now. He frantically typed a message in chat

InTheLittleWood: Grian, Ren hasn't respawned!

Grian: What do you mean? Are you sure he just didn't forget to set his spawn?

InTheLittleWood: No! His body is still there!

Grian: Omw

Martyn was scared, what if he killed Ren permanently? The watchers saw the vulnerability of the listener and planted bad thoughts in his head, like voices. "You killed him." "Your own king, your friend" "He'll never get the life he deserved" They said.

Martyn fully broke at that, tears built up as he fell down to his knees. He held Ren's lifeless body in his arms. "Ren..." He barely squeaked out, his voice was breaking. His sobbing only intensified as he could only think about how he killed his own king, permanently.

Grian climbed over the walls. "Martyn..." Grian has known Martyn for years, yet he has never seen him so broken. It hurt him a bit too. "Martyn, it's not your fault..."

"It is! I killed him, Grian! My own hands! His own hand!" Martyn yelled, he was mad, not at Grian, not at Scar, not at anyone but himself. "I killed him and now the Watchers probably made it a perma death..." His breathing was heavy as tears rolled down his cheek whilst he sobbed

"Oh hell no, not this again" Grian felt his parrot wings twitch. The watchers were back, and they craved the feeling of pain.

"I feel like shit... I killed him, Grian... It's all my fault... I'm so stupid..." Martyn said through sobs, it was barely audible.

Then, a figure emerged over the walls. A figure that could only be seen as a shadow, a shadow with a cape, crown, and oh so familiar dog-like features. Martyn hadn't seen them, however, Grian had. He gave Ren a nod and turned back towards monopoly mountain, making his way home.

"Hey, me hand. Did ye really think I'd go that easily?" Ren said with a smile, arms out wide for an embrace. As soon as Martyn saw him he ran towards Ren, wrapping his arms around him. "Oh my god! I thought you were dead!" Martyn said, as the previous tears of pain changed to tears of pure joy.

But then, Ren faded. He was never really there, Martyn was hallucinating. "What the fuck..." Martyn said as he took a step backwards, everything was flashing. His breathing picked up once again, he curled himself in a ball. Everywhere he looked it was eyes, eyes watching him. There were millions of eyes staring at him, judging him. Everything was flashing, and the eyes made it worse. "No, no, no, no, no..." He panicked, everyone was watching, or so it felt. Tears rolled down his cheek once again. Everything here was wrong, this wasn't how it was supposed to be! He and Ren were supposed to be happy!

He passed out, his body collapsed. He was falling through the void once again, just like at the end of Evo. Just a dark black void, a lonely void, for a lonely boy. He was practically paralysed, and while he was knocked out, he still felt one emotion, alone.

He hit the floor with a thud, his eyes slowly opened. A being stood in front of him. A tall mysterious figure, one of which he recognised, recognised a little too well. "What now?" Martyn asked, slightly annoyed as he stared down the watcher. "Martyn, get yourself together you fool! You know what you're supposed to be doing, get along with it and stop playing these games" The watcher said, it's voice cold with a trace of anger. "We chose you to kill them for a reason" The watcher added.

"Why? Why do you even want Grian and Scott dead?" Martyn asked with a slightly angry tone. "Hm, I thought you would have worked this out, but then again... you are just a listener" It responded vaguely "We want them dead because they're in the way of our plans. Xelqua wasn't even meant to be in this, he was supposed to stay with us, to stay with us and watch" It added.

"And what about Scott?" Martyn added with annoyance, yet curiosity. "You'll see, you'll know next time. That happens in the future, and you can change it." The watcher responded. "Why? What do I even get out of this?" Martyn asked furiously, he didn't understand. The watchers were always so vague. "Bold, you wouldn't want your little friends to get hurt now, would you?" Martyn's eyes widened in shock. "You wouldn't dare!" The watcher chuckled. "We would in fact dare, littlewood"

"But you already killed Ren!" Martyn yelled. "Oh did we? But were we the ones who struck the axe through his axe? I don't think so. Martyn, the blood is on your hands" It said, filling him with guilt. "No! No, you made him die permanently! Don't turn this on me!" He shouted, it was a weak attempt on winning the argument

"Ha. You know it's your fault, you could've not hit him with the axe" Martyn looked down with guilt, he knew the watcher was right. He'd never be able to admit it, not even to himself, but deep down he knew the watcher was right

"Why... Why can't I leave, I'm dreaming aren't I? Let me wake up!" He yelled, then, everything went black.

He was alone, then he passed out cold.

A faint noise was heard in his ears, "Ren! We found him!" followed with the sound of someone coming down to the ground, from what he could make out it sounded like dogwarts, led by Ren. "Martyn! Martyn me hand! Wake up!" He felt himself be lifted onto Ren, and quickly recognised the feeling of the wolf-hybrid's paws.

His mind raced as he thought about what happened. Was it all a dream? Why didn't he remember any of the 'orders' the watcher said he had? He didn't remember talking to them since the end of Evo, so what were they talking about?

"Martyn! Can you hear me?" Ren said, a slight panic in his voice. "Ren? Is that you? For real this time?" Martyn asked. "Yes! Oh for fucks sake Martyn you scared the shit out of me!" Ren quickly hugged Martyn, Martyn took a second but hugged him back.

They made their way back to Dogwarts, they walked along the path that had started it all, the one they originally built when Dogwarts was just Renchanting, when it was just the two of them. Two friends, just messing around, Martyn longed to go back to that, when it was all so simple, no war, just him and Ren