|one|

G E L L Y— hated the reapings, and everyone knew it, she never liked going, since it was just a reminder of how cruel their world was, but this reaping Gelly had been forced to go by her friends at school.

Felix held her hand as they walked in together, both desperatly trying to withold they're family images. Felix glanced up at her worriedly, like if at any moment she would burst into tears, without a reason, it seemed she was always sad, and her few happy moment were shortlived, "Gelly?"

The blonde girl hummed in response, eying the huge crowd, gathered around.

Felix rolled his eyes, and tugged the girl foreward, pulling her to an empty seat, near the rest of the students.

"Gelly! Nice of you to join us." Arachne called out.

"Oh, be nice." Felix scolded.

"I am being nice, Felix." Arachne glared, "That is the meaning, of 'nice of you to join us.' Is it not?"

"Its ok, Arachne." Gelly spoke softly, timidly, and her eyes didnt look up from her shoes. Arachne nodded, taking that as a good enough answer.

"Have you heard from your brother?" Arachne asked, eager to know what he was up too.

Gelly shook her head, "No, Last I heard, he had come back to the capital to be a peacekeeper."

Arachne perked up at her words, "hes here?"

Gelly shrugged, fidgeting with the rings on her fingers, nervously. She hadnt heard from Geo, personally, in months. So him being a peacekeeper was only assumed, a fake cover up story, her parents had created to replace the fact they're eldest son was a dissappointment, he had run away to the districts, to make a diffrence, and he cut off all contact as soon as he walked out the door. Gelly had felt abandoned when she had seen him leave, but the look in her eyes told her he didn't have a choice, he needed to leave, especially with how they're parents had treated him.

Coriolanus rounded the corner, arm and arm with Clemensia, and as he neared, Arachne let out a scoff. "What are those buttons, Tesserae?"

"I knew they reminded me of a maids bathroom." Coriolanus smiled, glancing towards the silent girl sitting behind the group, "Gelly." He gave her a simple nod.

"Morning Coriolanus." She replied, sending him a force smile.

Felix sighed, "Dont mind her, you know how she is, during reaping days."

"Oh I know." He shrugged it off, As Felix took the spot next to her, "it'll be over before you know it."

Coriolanus's words didn't do anything to comfort Gelly, it only put her under farther stress, and she didn't bother replying, as another figure stumbled through the doors, lazily and chirpily, with Sejanus.

"You made it to the reaping." Felix smirked at Sejanus, and the boy next to him.

"And you made it to graduation, were both surprised." Sejanus shot back. The boy next to him stumbled forward, almost tripping over his feet, before Sejanus caught him, letting out a laugh.

"Gaius, will you ever stop making a fool of yourself?" Festus asked him, and Gaius rolled his eyes.

"Im just tired thats all." He told them, plopping down on the other side of Gelly.

"I mean, honestly." Festus let out an uncomfortable laugh, "between you, tripping over yourself and Gelly, crying all the time. Your parents must be fuming."

Gelly shrunk beneath everyone's wavering glances, and Gaius reached out towards her, patting her on the thigh a couple of times, before removing himself completely from her, and leaned forward in his chair, as if he too was ashamed of Gelly. "We have enough reputation, to loose a little."

"Do you?" Felix scoffed.

"Atleast our parents are present, Felix." Gaius glared, "did you daddy never teach you, to keep your mouth shut?"

"No he didn't." said Felix, "Because hes too busy running the country?"

"And what a great job he's doing at that." Gaius let out an eary chuckle, and everyone shifted in they're seats.

"The prize?" Arachne turned to Sejanus Eagerly, changing the topic entirely.

"Oh no, I'm not going to ruin my fathers big day." Sejanus shook his head, "they may not like him, but they do like his money." Sejanus shot Coriolanus an uncomfortable look, like he wasn't saying something important.

Gaius groaned, tipping his head back, as Sejanus walked away.

"Eager much, Gaius?" Arachne teased, "your parents run out of money?"

"Nah, we've got plenty." Gaius laughed, "way more than you, Arachne."

Arachne hummed, not quite believing him, and Gaius took the opportunity to turn to his sister beside him.

"You got up quite early this morning." He noticed, "Didn't even see you leave."

"Couldn't sleep." She said quietly, just barely above a whisper.

Gaius nodded understandingly, "Exited for the reaping?"

"Quite the opposite." She gazed up at him, and Gaius shook his head, not pleased with her answer.

"You and Geo, I swear." He bit his lip, avoiding her gaze, and her face sunk at his reaction, and he shot her annoyed look, "don't you dare start crying."

Gelly looked taken back by his sudden words, "I wasn't—" she tried to get out, but by now, the whole group had taken notice of the situation, and watched them carefully.

"Gaius, come on!" Festus groaned, "Your making her upset!"

"Stay out of it, creed!" Gaius snapped, "Shes gonna get over it, Grow up Gelly. Your not a kid anymore, and you cant start crying to get out of things you don't want to be confronted about." His voice dropped low, just loud enough for the small group to hear, though they had to strain to understand, but Gelly heard it clearly.

Gelly glanced around at they're wary eyes, and shot up from her seat, not being able to take the pressure, and rushed out of the hall.

"Oh my god." Gauis groaned, throwing his head back in annoyance, at his sisters dramatics. "She always does this!"

Sejanus and Coriolanus had come back around at the scene, frowning. "What was that about?"

"Just Gelly being Gelly." Gaius told them.

"Ever thought she might be going through something?" Sejanus glanced towards the door, "and you always snapping at her is making it worse?"

Gaius laughed in his face, and when they're friends had went to uncomfortable join in, he stopped, glaring at Sejanus, "don't see how this is any of your business."

"Im just saying." Sejanus defended, "she cant be completely sad all the time, for no reason."

Gaius looked like he was thinking for a moment, before he shook his head, completely discarding the thought, "shes just dramatic, thats all."

"Figured she'd grow out of it by now." Arachne sighed, "Like I understood it when Geo, left, but now its like nonstop."

Gaius tensed at the mention of the older boy, swallowing harshly, but he straightened himself up quickly, "exactly, shes ruining my image."

AUTHORS ANNOUNCEMENT

FIRST CHAPTER IS UPP! Be prepared for this story becuase its going to be roller coaster. Theres alot of mature themes that might be a little tough to read;

Abuse
Alcoholics

And stuff like that, so be prepared when you read.