|four|

G E L L Y— had been expexting the screaming when she got home, she had taken away another peice of their precious reputation. When she had let coriolanus pull her into the van, she should have knew that, she should have known better. Maybe if she had let them kill her in that van, everything would be okay. It was better than having to come home. . . Anything was better than going home. 

She stayed silent, her lips pressed together, hands folded in her lap at the dining room table, Gaius was beside her, everynow and then, eyeing his parent warily.

"Do you have have any idea, what you have cuased us?" Their father spoke up, his name was Ovid.

"Im sorry." Said Gelly, not bothering to look up from her plate.

"Your not, your never sorry for any of your actions." Ovid said lowly, setting down his silverware.

"I didnt mean for that to happen." Gelly told him, as Ovid got up from his seat.

"Of course you didnt! You never mean anything." He replied, Ovid neared her "You ever think, how that reflect on us? You falling into a zoo, making it seem like those—" He fell silent for a moment, and she felt her chair wip around, so quickly it almost toppled over, and she came face to face with her father, "Look at me when im talking to you!" Gelly let out a small squel as he screamed, her eyes widening, both his arms were on either side of her chair, trapping her in. "You have made it seem, like those districts scums are one of us, they are dirty and filthy."

"They are like us." Gelly defended, "they're just kids."

"Just kids?" Ovid scoffed, "They are nothing like children, they are animals."

"Becuase thats what the capital potrays them to—" a loud slap, rang through the room, cuasing everyone to drop silent, he had hit her again, in the same spot as yesterday.

"Shut up!" Ovid screamed, his gaze filled with so much anger, it made Gelly shrink away, "Shut the hell up!" Ovid backed away from her, grabbing his beer bottle, and throwing it at the wall behind her, it flew right above her head, and Gaius pulled her down, just in time for the bottle to miss her. Ovid swiped his spot angrily, running a hand through his hair, "your going to be the death of me!"

"Hun, will you calm down. You are ruining our plates." Their mother groaned, not caring at all for her children wellbeing, as they stared, looking terrified at any thought of what he might do next. 

"Look what you did!" Ovid turned to Gelly, like it was her fault, tears were streaming down her face, "you little brat!" He grabbed her by one of her ponytails, tugging it so harshly it made her whimper out in pain, pulling her up from her seat.

Gaius took the opportunity to jump up from his seat, "Leave her alone." He shoved Ovid back, just a few inches so he could grab onto Gelly.

"Oh and you think you can stop me?" Ovid laughed, his voice booming off the walls of they're home.

"I can try." Gaius gulped down any fear he had. Ovid took a step forward and swung at Gaius, hitting him right in the nose. Gaius had tried to deflect it, but it too late, and the force had done its damage. He fell into the table, clutching his nose, as blood dripped from behind his hands. He looked up, but didnt try to fight back, feeling defeated.

"The lot of you are nothing but ungratefull!" He yelled, "I have fed you, gave you a roof over your head, and the one thing I ask of you is too behave, but you cant even do that!" Ovid went to the fridge, grabbing a new beer before he stormed off.

Gaius turned to their mother, still clutching his nose, "your just gonna sit there and not stop him?"

She shrugged at the pair of siblings, making Gaius scoff and pull Gelly back to his room, locking the door behind them, he set of down on his bed as she cried, holding her in close. He didnt care about his nose, he didnt care about anything that happend to him, he just wanted her to be safe. "Shh, shh. . . Gelly, its okay. Its gonna be okay." He kissed her forehead, rocking her in his arms, as she buried her head in his chest, scared, but his words did little to comfort her. "Ive got you, im not gonna let anytning happen to you." His words were filled with lies, it wasnt okay, none of this was okay, and it wasnt like Gaius could do anything to stop it, no matter what when she came home, she'd have to face it, one way or another. The endless screaming, the constant tears, the eary smell of old beer. It was never ending, and it would never get better.

AUTHOR ANNOUNCMENT

GUYS IM SORRY, im actually not though, for anything going on in this story.... Its probally gonna be a rough one, but I havnt decided how its going to end. Sorry for the lack of Treech content in this chapter, but he'll be there next chapter. So stay tuned

Remember to vote and comment, please!