|two|

G A I U S— had stormed into their house, throwing his fancy jacket onto the table, not long after the reaping ended, and it was no suprise, he saw Gelly crying at the dining room table, her head buried into her hands, as she desperately tried to wipe her tears.

"What was that?" Gaius shouted, nearing her, a furious look on his face, "you think you can just storm out of there?"

Gelly sniffled, "Gaius, please— im not in the mood." She told him, but Gaius angry expression didnt waver, not untill she looked up at him.

There was a large red handprint imprinted on her cheek, and small delicate tears ran over it. Gaius expression softened at the sight of it, and he dropped into the chair infront of her, taking her hands away from her face and holding them in his. He took in a sharp breath, scanning over her distressed face, "who—" he started, but he already knew the answer, "was this dad?"

Gelly let out a shaky nod, and Gaius wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into his chest. "Im sorry." She cried, so desperately, it made Gaius chest ache.

"Im going to kill him." Gaius said, rubbing her back, "I swear, if he ever puts his hands on you again—" the door flung open, and two tall figures walked in; it was they're parents, angry looks on they're faces, and Gaius shot up from his seat, almost imediatly shoving they're father back. "You think you can just hit her?" He shouted angrily.

"Gaius." The older man warned.

"No!" He shut him down, "dont Gaius me! First Geo? And now Gelly, you think you can just put your hands on whoever you feel like? Thats why Geo left!"

"Dont you dare speak of him!"

"Ill speak of whoever I want!" Gaius told him, and their father shoved him back, sending him stumbling back into one of the table chairs, right onto the floor.

Their father shoved his finger into Gaius chest, "No you wont! Not when you are under my roof! Under my rules! Ive had enough of the three of you, ruining our reputation, evertime you go out! Someone ought to teach you a lesson one of these days."

Gaius didnt answer, shrinking under his father's deathly gaze.

"One of you better win that Plinth Prize, to make up for all the stress you have cuased us!" He said, backing away from Gaius for a moment, "boy, go get me a beer."

Gaius didnt move, "I thought you stopped drinking?"

"Changed my mind." He shrugged, and Gaius pushed himself off the floor, heading to the fridge, and pulled out a beer, handing it to his father, who pulled him in by the oustretched hand. "And if you ever, decide to go against my action again, I'll make you wish you were never born."

Gaius nodded, swallowing harshly at the threat, and when his hand was dropped, he rubbed it tenderly, then turned to his little sister, frozen in the chair. He pulled her up, "lets go Gelly." He guided her into his bedroom, shutting the door behind them, before they just froze, staring at eachother emptily.

"Its gonna be okay." Said Gaius, "everything gonna work out in the end." Both of them knew it wasnt true, and by the look on Gaius's face, he was beggining to break, but he held it back, taking Gelly in his arms again, and holding onto her, but it gave none of the support she needed.