Clay

Poppy, Branch, and John were pacing the cabin, brainstorming how to find Clay. Unlike the postcard Bruce had sent out, there was no clue to the whereabouts of the middle child. It was like he just straight up vanished into thin air. Truly like a middle child.

“Will you three just relax?” Bruce told them from where he sat in the driver's seat. He had Tiny sitting on his stomach and one hand on the wheel. Tiny still had his wheel extender connected to make him feel like he was driving. Bruce had silently declared himself the caretaker of the Trolling during the mission. It made sense he would, given that he was a dad himself. “We’ll find him eventually. There's no need to keep going on like this. It’s only going to wear you down.”

“Need I remind you that the fate of the world is in the balance.” Branch said as he came to a temporary stop by his second eldest brother. He had his arms crossed and eyes narrowed as he looked at the laid back older troll.

“Need I remind you that stress is a killer.” Bruce shot back, a lazy grin on his face. He wiggled his eyebrows at his annoyed youngest brother.

“The dude's right, Branch. Stress is a killer, especially on the looks.” Tiny laughed as he relaxed against Bruce. He hadn't quite noticed the pseudo parental roll Bruce had taken with him yet. The actual adult Trolls hoped it stayed that way. “That's why me and my daddy like to take it easy. It keeps us looking young and fine.”

“Right on, little man.” Bruce said with a chuckle and a fist bump with the trolling. Tiny accepted with much enthusiasm.

Branch rolled his eyes and walked away. He had noticed that both his brother and girlfriend were standing in front of his clue board. They were thinking hard, trying to piece any piece of information together. He walked up to stand behind them. Both noticed, but neither made a move. In Poppy’s hand was a magazine clipping, though Branch couldn't see which one.

“This is going to take forever.” He grumbled at no one in particular, his arms were still crossed in both thought and agitation.

“Don't worry, we're going to find him.” Poppy reassured him, turning to briefly look at him before turning back around. She put the magazine clipping back on the board. “We’ve been looking for clues to find clay.”

Branch looked between her and the clue board a couple of times before responding. “Oh. The clue board. You mean my clue board? That I made?” He looked between the two expectantly, his hands coming up to his chest to gester to himself. Once he realized they weren't going to say anything his ears and brows dropped in mild annoyance. “We like the clue board now?”

“Yea, but we’re having trouble figuring it out.” John said absently, turning from the board to look at his youngest brother.

“Of course you are! There aren't any-Clues!” Branch shouted the second he took notice of which clipping Poppy was looking at and focused in on it. It was of Clay modeling his new funderdrawers for their product launch. “Of course!” He shouted in excitement.

“Awesome! Whatcha got Branch!” Poppy shouted excitedly as she turned to her boyfriend. She knew that look on him well. Anytime he figured out a hard puzzle or problem his blue eyes would light up brighter in that amazing way of his. It got her excited to see him excited, even if his excitement was still way more mellow than hers.

Branch rushed over to the other wall where JD had a pair of Clays funderdrawers in a mounted display case. He cracked it open and pulled them out, also unleashing odor ghosts that swept through the cabin. One even when in JD’s mouth, making him gag in disgust. Poppy waved her hand, shooing them away.

“I can't believe you kept these all these years, but I'm glad you did. We’re gonna find him with these!” Branch said holding them out for both JD and Poppy to see. Even Bruce turned around to see and ended up laughing hard.