Thoughts

Tiny had woken up the second everyone walked back in the camper. He was grouchy at first, naturally, but perked up the second he saw all the new faces. His head turned from one to the other, intrigued.

“I thought we were here for just one dude. So what’s with the two dudes and the dudette? Someone else's long lost siblings?” Tiny snorted as he stood up on the couch. Floyd sat next to him, a fond smile on his face for the Trolling he had just met.

“Sort of. The big dude is our brother in law, Bramble.” Clay introduced the new trolls to the Glitter Trolling. “And the lady is Moonbloom. She’s here for Floyd.”

“So I guess that makes you Floyd.” Tiny stated as he turned to the Troll sitting next to him. His blue eyes sparkled in curiosity.

Floyd nodded once in confirmation, eyes closing for a second. Tiny looked down Floyd’s body and noticed Floy’s very round stomach. Trolls come in all shapes and sizes and were never one to judge for such things. Certainly not Tiny, but something was a little odd. He almost knew instinctively.

Ever patient Floyd saw Tiny taking notice of his stomach. It wasn’t the first time a Trolling about Tiny’s age had looked at him like that. He always found it endearing how curious they were about it. He chuckled as tiny put his hands on his stomach and looked up at him for an explanation.

“I have eggs in there.” Floyd told him, voice soft and happy. Tiny looked between Floyd’s face and his stomach a few times.

“How many?”

“Three.”

“Did you eat them?”

“Hehehe. No, I did not eat them.” Floyd chuckled, as did everyone else. They were all watching the exchange between the two with fondness and mirth. It reminded Bruce of the first time he had to explain to his daughter she was getting a sibling.

“Are they going to come out?” Tiny asked, letting Floyd pick him up. Floyd had his arm wrapped around Tiny like a baby, gently resting it on his stomach. Tiny rested his head against Floyd’s chest. This new Troll held him like how his Daddy did. It made him miss his Daddy.

“Eventually, yes. Then I will keep them in my hair to incubate them.” Floyd told the Trolling. Softly he ran a finger down the Trollings back. He was trying to get the little one back to sleep.

“Can I play with them when they hatch?” Tiny yawned and snuggled closer to Floyd.

“Of course. They’re going to need a nice big boy Troll to show them all the best games to play.” Floyd hummed, his melodies slowly bringing the little one back down to sleep. It did not take long for the Trolling to conk out.

“That was adorable!” Poppy squealed quietly, a strain on her voice as she tried not to let her excitement wake up the Trolling.

“We used to do the same thing for Branch and Floyd when they were being fussy about bedtime.” Clay chuckled, earning an indignant look from both his younger brothers.

“Oh, like you didn’t do the same, Clay.” Bruce called his younger brother out. He chuckled when the green haired Troll glared at him. “You used to be a ball of unstoppable energy. Bed time was a challenge to you.”

“Keep talking, Bruce.” John called from the front, being mindful of his volume. He was driving Rhonda to the river, trying to get there as fast as he could. “You were the worst of them all. I never got you down before ten when you were that old. It wasn’t until Clay was hatched that you started going to bed on time. Of course you were three by then, so.”

“So fussiness runs in the family. Noted.” Poppy nodded her head, not elaborating. Branch sent her a look.

“I have a bed in the back you put him in, Floyd.” John informed his brother, jerking his thumb over his shoulder. He was concerned about Rhonda, she was a little sluggish in her movements and kept bumping into stuff even with his guidance.