Prologue

In the world where this story takes place, humans coexist with magical creatures called Pokémon. For some people, Pokémon are pets, others use them for battle, and those who catch and train them are called Pokémon trainers. Those who use Pokémon for contest to display the beauty of the Pokémon themselves and their moves are called Pokémon coordinators, and there are also those who study Pokémon as Pokémon professors. However, while there are people who love Pokémon, there are those who see them as nothing more but tools for business and stuff like that, and there are even organizations of people like that, one for example is Team Rocket. Fortunately, there are good trainers out there too, and strong ones too, and the strongest trainers are known as the Elite 4, and each region of the world has it's own set of them. The only trainers that rank higher are either the Pokémon league champions or a Pokémon master. To become a league champion, you have to first earn 8 gym badges from a region's gym leaders, and then enter a Pokémon league of the region you got the badges from, and if you win the league, you earn the right to battle the region's elite 4 and current champion, and become the new champ if you win. There are a few different regions that has it's own set of Pokémon, the region of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola and the Galar. There are many different kinds of Pokémon, but the rarest and most powerful are the legendaries and mythical, and each region has it's own sets of them, which would be big targets for people like Team Rocket for example. Out of all of the trainers in history, only one has ever come to be the very best like no one ever was or will... and that boy's name was Ash Ketchum, whom of this story's about, which is about to begin. But before it begins, the theme song starts. I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was~, to catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause~, I will travel across the land, searching far and wide, teach Pokémon to understand the power that's inside~, Pokémon!, gotta catch 'em all, it's you and me, I know it's my destiny~, Pokémon!, oh you're my best friend, in a world we must defend~, Pokémon!, gotta catch 'em all, a heart's so true~, our courage will pull us through, you teach me and I'll teach you, Pokémon~, gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all~, Pokémon!.