Cerulean city gym battle

After earning his first gym badge, Ash and his friends travel through Mount Moon, where not only Brock caught a bat Pokémon called a Zubat, our heroes met a scientist who was trying to solve the mystery of the Moon stone there, which has a connection with the Clefairy there. After that, they finally made it to Cerulean city, which was supposed to be the location of Ash's second gym battle. Ash: "I can't wait to get my second gym badge." Misty: "Uh... do we really have to go the gym here?" Ash: "What do you mean, what's wrong with the gym here?" Misty: "Uh... well... it's hard to explain..." Brock: "Looks like it's closed." Ash: "What?!" asked Ash in shocked, before he sees a sign on the door of the Cerulean gym building that said 'out to do a water ballet'. Misty: "Ugh... of all times for my sisters to do a water ballet!" Ash: "Wait... sisters?" Brock: "Misty... are you related to the gym leader here?" Misty: "Well... the thing is... the Cerulean gym is run by me and my sisters... but I left in hopes to be a better water type Pokémon trainer, in hopes to prove my sisters that I have what it takes to be the gym leader here... and while sisters prefer doing water ballets with their own Pokémon." Ash: "Wait... so you've been a gym leader this whole time?" Misty: "Well not a full fledged one... more like a substitute like Brock was in the Peter city gym." Ash: "Hmm... hey I got an idea, why not we have a gym battle?" Misty: "You mean... you battle me for the badge?" Ash: "Why not?, I mean you're kind of the gym leader here, and since your sisters are out, you're the next best thing." Misty: "Well... I guess it wouldn't hurt, but you can't use Pikachu." Ash: "What?!, why not?" Misty: "Because Pikachu is too good of a match against my water types, which would make the challenge too easy for you, and besides, I don't want to hurt the little guy." Ash: "But uh..." Pikachu: [To be honest... I don't want to battle Misty either, she's too nice to me and all... and what she said about me making the battle too easy is true.] Ash: "Well... okay, I still have Butterfree and Pidgeotto, and since they didn't get to battle in the last gym, I guess it's fair they get turn in this one." Misty: "Alright, then let's get inside." Ash: "How?, it's closed." Misty: "In case you've forgotten, I'm one of the gym leaders in training, so I have a key to it." said Misty, before she pulls out a key, which unlocked the door, and the gang went into the building, with a water type battlefield inside. Once Ash and Misty were on their sides of the battlefield, they were ready to sent out their Pokémon. Ash: "Pidgeotto, I choose you!" called out Ash, as he sends out Pidgeotto to battle. Misty: "Staryu, go!" called out Misty, as she threw out a Pokéball, letting out what looked like a starfish Pokémon with a gem on the center of it's body. Ash pulls out his Pokédex to know more about what he was facing. Pokédex: [Staryu is a starfish Pokémon with a gem that glows when it gets defeated in a battle.] Ash: "Alright, let's do this Pidgeotto, I'm counting on ya." Pidgeotto: [Don't worry, I got this in the bag.] and so the battle begins, and it was intense as neither types had the type advantage, but thanks to the new Steel Wing attack that Ash taught the bird, Pidgeotto was able to beat Staryu and Ash won. But Misty still had one more Pokémon to battle with, and it was the evolved form of Staryu called Starmie, and it had extra legs and purple instead of brown like Staryu was. Ash pulls out his Pokédex to know more what he was facing this time. Pokédex: [Starmie is the evolved form of Staryu, and it's gem shoots a beam that shows the colors of a rainbow.] Ash: "Pidgeotto, return, it's time for your teammate to have a turn... I choose you... Butterfree!" called out Ash, as Butterfree came to battle. It was intense for both sides as Starmie was shooting water gun like crazy while Butterfree was barely able to dodge all of them in time. Ash tells Butterfree to use Sleeping Powder on Starmie, which seemed to have worked, allowing Ash to have the win. Suddenly, without any warning, an explosion burst through the wall, and a large machines, controlled by the Team Rocket trio, came to the scene. Jessie: "Looks like we found the twerp." James: "Indeed, and Pikachu is in our sights." Meowth: "That's right!" Ash: "Team Rocket!" Misty: "Not you again!" Jessie: "Oh yes, and we're gonna make you pay for leaving us to get stung by those horrible Beedrill!" James: "Yeah, I wasn't able to sit on my butt for many hours!" Meowth: "No kidding... I thought we were goners back there..." Brock: "You those these guys?" Misty: "Yeah, and it looks like they're here for Pikachu and the other Pokémon." Jessie: "How correct, and now they're ours, thanks to this machine here." said Jessie, before a hose came out of the machines and began to suck up the air, pulling the Pokémon, including Pikachu, towards it. Ash tried to use his body to block the hose, but Meowth then pushed a button to set the hose to blow instead of sucking, which sent Ash flying and slammed right into a wall, knocking the boy out cold. Misty and Brock: "Ash!" Pikachu: "Pikapi!" cried Pikachu, before he ran up to his trainer, trying to wake him up, but no response. Believing that Ash might be dead, Pikachu's heart was filled with anger, and started to make a very angry glare at the trio, who were now scared. Jessie: "Uh... why is Pikachu looking at us like that...?" James: "I don't know... but it's really scaring me..." Meowth: "Oh man... Pikachu's really angry that we hurt the twerp..." said Meowth, who was indeed right as Pikachu let out a very powerful Thunderbolt attack that caused the machine to explode and sent the Team Rocket trio flying into the sky. Team Rocket Trio: "Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again!" shouted the trio, as they flew off out of the scene. Sometime later, at the Pokémon center, Ash finally woke up, and Pikachu had tears in his eyes as he went to hug his trainer, relieved to see that the boy was okay. Pikachu: [Ash... thank goodness you're okay... when you went out cold... I thought you were... I'm so sorry...] Ash: "It wasn't your fault, if there's anyone to blame, it's Team Rocket." Pikachu: [Yeah... I guess so..." that was when Misty and Brock came up to the pair. Brock: "Ash!, are you okay?" Ash: "Yeah, I'm fine, but my back hurts..." Misty: "No surprise, you hit your back on the wall pretty hard, so you'll most likely have a bruise there for a while." Brock: "It's a miracle that you get a bruise alone after what happened..." Ash: "Yeah... but what about the Pokémon?, are they alright?" Misty: "Yeah, they're all fine, thanks to you and Pikachu, oh... one more thing... you earned this Cascade badge for not only beating me, but also saving the gym's Pokémon too." said Misty, before handing over Ash the gym badge. Ash: "Wow... thanks Misty... alright!, I got the Cascade badge!" called out Ash, before wincing a bit from his sore back, and Pikachu tries to help him relax a bit. Pikachu: [Take it easy for a bit Ash, you're still pretty hurt.] Ash: "Okay... I'll try going easy..." Brock: "Hey Misty, did you tell your sisters that the wall of the gym needs some repairs?" Misty: "Yeah, and though they were not happy about the damage, they are of course grateful that the Pokémon are all safe." Ash: "Yeah, buildings can be fixed, but the lives of Pokémon and people are more important." Brock: "Wise words." Ash: "Thanks..." and so Ash has not only saved the Cerulean gym from Team Rocket, but earned his second gym badge too, who knows what could be next for our heroes as the journey continues.