Enter Team Galactic in Veilstone city

After the incident with Hunter J, Ash continues his journey through Sinnoh, and soon arrived to Veilstone city, the location of the third Sinnoh gym leader. While staying at the city for a bit, the group went to visit an area where a tourist attraction was located, which in this case, a group of meteors that fell to the planet a very long time ago. Ash: "Wow... this is so cool... I've never seen a meteor up close before..." Brock: "Yeah... an interesting sight to behold indeed..." Dawn: "Yeah... I hope no one would steal them." Ash: "Why would anyone want to steal a bunch of rocks?, even if they're from space?" Brock: "Well there are people who would sell them for a high price, but I doubt anyone can move them easily, as these are about as big as us, which would make them too heavy to budge by hand." Pikachu: [Yeah, you would need a ship with a claw to pick these up.] Ash: "A ship with a claw?, yeah like that could happen." Dawn: "Huh?, oh right, I keep forgetting that you can talk to Pokémon." Ash: "Well... it's not something you can forget so easily..." Dawn: "Well, it's not common, nor what you did with that sphere thing you pulled." Ash: "I still don't remember doing that though..." Brock: "Well let's not worry about it for now, we better get to the Pokémon center to check on our Pokémon." Ash: "Good idea." so with that, they went to the Pokémon center, when night fell, Ash was looking at the moon shining in the sky, when suddenly, a scorpion/bat like Pokémon, called Gligar, came to the scene and crash landed on Ash's head. Once the boy got back up, Gligar wink while sticking her tongue out. Gligar: [Sorry, it's hard to glide when the wind is not in the right direction.] Ash: "So you can't actually fly, just glide with the wind?" Gligar: [That's right... wait... did you just... understood what I just said?] Ash: "Yeah, I can talk to Pokémon, though I'm not really sure how I do it..." Gligar: [Wow!, that's so cool!, I never heard of a human that can do that before, I'm Gligar by the way.] Ash: "I'm Ash, it's nice to meet ya." that was when Pikachu came over to his trainer. Pikachu: [I see you made a new friend.] Ash: "Yeah, Gligar, this is Pikachu, my starter, and Pikachu, this is Gligar." Pikachu: [Nice to meet ya.] Gligar: [Same here.] suddenly, all the power in the city was gone, much to the group's surprise, and it wasn't long before Dawn and Brock came over to the scene. Dawn: "Ash, we got a big problem!" Brock: "All the power in Veilstone city is gone, including the Pokémon center!" Ash: "But if that's true... than all the other Pokémon inside are in trouble!" Gligar: [I wonder if it has something to do with those guys with the weird haircuts...] Ash: "Huh?, what are you talking about?" Gligar: [There's a group with weird haircuts on their heads and I heard them talking about stealing the meteors.] Ash: "What?!, we gotta stop them!" Dawn: "Stop who?" Ash: "No time explaining, but Gligar said someone is stealing the meteors!" Dawn: "What?!" Brock: "I'll bet whoever they must be causing this blackout so they do it without being detected." said Brock, before he and the others went back to where the meteors are, and there was a ship that had cables with claws on the bottom, which were being used to pick up some of the meteors. The people there had green hair and wore uniforms with the letter 'G' on them, the leader of the group was a man named Saturn (voiced by Marc Thompson), who had blue hair. It wasn't long before Ash and his group made it to the area, and saw the people, who then saw the kids. Saturn: "You kids shouldn't be here, you could get crushed by one of the meteors if we drop them." Ash: "Who are you?!, and why are you stealing the meteors?!" Saturn: "What makes you think they don't belong to us?" Dawn: "Wait... I think I know who these guys are..." Brock: "You do?" Dawn: "Yes... but if I'm right... we could be in big trouble... you're Team Galactic, aren't you?!" Saturn: "So... you know we are?" Dawn: "Yeah... I heard stories about you from the news, you're supposed to be a group of people who want to steal the greatest treasures of Sinnoh!" Saturn: "I wouldn't say that... we only take them cause they are the keys to create a new world with a new order." Ash: "But what you're doing is harming the Pokémon in the Pokémon center, and those meteors are meant for everyone to see!" Saturn: "You're such a small minded boy, if only you knew what secrets are in those meteors... Toxicroak, get rid of them." said Saturn, before he sends out what looked like a larger version of Croagunk, called Toxicroak, which is the evolved form of Croagunk. Saturn orders Toxicroak to attack the group, only for Brock's Croagunk to appear and begins battling it. Gligar went to help out too, as she used her pincers to cut through the cables, releasing the meteors from the ship of Team Galactic. However, Saturn and his men managed to get away in their ship, and were able to take at least one of the meteors. Gligar started to fall, but Ash was able to catch her just in the nick of time. Gligar: [Thanks... you saved me!] Ash: "Well of course I did, you're not hurt, are ya?" Gligar: [No, I'm fine.] soon, the city's power was restored, especially in the Pokémon center, much to Nurse Joy's relief. When the next day came, Ash was getting ready to face the gym leader, but before he did that, Gligar asked him if she can join the team, and he accepted. It wasn't long after catching Gligar, Ash pulls out his Pokédex to find out more about his newest catch. Pokédex: [Gligar is a Pokémon normally found in Johto but can be seen in Sinnoh too, and while it can't fly naturally like most flying types, it can however glide with the wind and uses it's stinger and pincers to catch it's prey.] soon after that, Ash finally meets the gym leader, who uses her fighting types to battle. It was tough, especially with that Lucario of hers, but Ash was able to pull through and earned himself the Cobble badge. Ash: "Alright... three down... five more to go..." Dawn: "Nice work on winning the badge." Ash: "Thanks, but I still can't help but wished that we stopped those guys..." Dawn: "You mean Team Galactic?, don't worry, I'm sure they'll be stopped soon." Brock: "I hope so... cause I got a feeling that we'll see them again soon..." and so Ash has caught a Gligar, met Team Galactic, and earned himself the third Sinnoh gym badge, who knows what could be next for our heroes as the journey continues.