The Ring (Part 2)

*Some sensitive and triggering themes are present in the original Captive Prince trilogy, and some of these same themes may be present here as well, although, as the book, the fanfic is in no way meant to naturalize or endorse the unforgivable

*Some sensitive and triggering themes are present in the original Captive Prince trilogy, and some of these same themes may be present here as well, although, as the book, the fanfic is in no way meant to naturalize or endorse the unforgivable. The presence of indigestible and indefensible elements serves to make clear in the narrative what Laurent and Damen are struggling with in their kingdoms, and why they want so badly to kill and bury the old habits fostered by the Regent.

 The presence of indigestible and indefensible elements serves to make clear in the narrative what Laurent and Damen are struggling with in their kingdoms, and why they want so badly to kill and bury the old habits fostered by the Regent

Just as Damianos was about to leave the garden, a noisy group of nobles and their pets, who had entered the place, walked among the people until they took the empty seat next to Nikandros. They stretched out between the silk cushions and quickly poured themselves wine.

They all wore Veretian clothes and Laurent could tell from their accents that they must be from Belloy. The pets massaged the men and stroked them shamelessly.

One of the Veretians laughed deeply and said to the other:

"I said we would be on time. The best comes at the end of the night. I couldn't travel to Arles without missing the capital's attractions."

Then he took the hand of one of the pets and guided it to the bulge in his pants. There was an awkward moment when the man looked at Laurent and Ancel while he was being stroked. With a laugh, he moved his masked face and turned to Nikandros and Lord Berenger:

"Hey, what's up with your pets? Are they just sitting there with you two talking about the battle and the night? You look miserable. Do you want one of mine?"

A silence fell before Nikandros replied in Veretian:

"We have just returned from a journey..."

"Ah, an Akielon!" — the man said and raised his cup, not letting the kyros' accent go unnoticed. — "From which part of Akielos?"

"Aegina!" — Nikandros lied.

"Well, welcome! Even though this bullshit of Sister Nations and the brute of Akielos and the bastard of Vere are two blights on our kingdoms, we are friends here. We have common interests..."