Pet's Gambit (Part 1)

*Some sensitive and triggering themes are present in the original Captive Prince trilogy, and some of these same themes may be present here as well, although, as the book, the fanfic is in no way meant to naturalize or endorse the unforgivable

*Some sensitive and triggering themes are present in the original Captive Prince trilogy, and some of these same themes may be present here as well, although, as the book, the fanfic is in no way meant to naturalize or endorse the unforgivable. The presence of indigestible and indefensible elements serves to make clear in the narrative what Laurent and Damen are struggling with in their kingdoms, and why they want so badly to kill and bury the old habits fostered by the Regent.

**Chapter with references to the side story Pet by CS Pacat. Kato is a fictitious name for Lord Rouart's pet, whose name was not mentioned in the original plot.

 Kato is a fictitious name for Lord Rouart's pet, whose name was not mentioned in the original plot

Damen left the ring's stands, led by the Vaskian messenger.

The King of Akielon could not resist the urge and looked back one last time when he saw Laurent, disguised as a pet, standing next to Nikandros. Lord Berenger and Ancel remained loyal and close to the king. Damen had to act quickly to get them out of there.

As the Akielon reached the entrance with the double doors wide open, a noisy group who had been talking to the ring entertainer walked past him, giving off a strong smell of wine. A young man with milky skin, dark hair, and violet eyes turned and took a good look at Damen.

More specifically, at the Akielon's golden bracelet, which slipped through the sleeve of his jacket before Toby's master gave him a tug on the chain making him move.

The way back from the brothel seemed just as decadent to Damianos as it had when he had first crossed it. Even worse. Several people were now fucking in the corners of the large room and the hallways remained loud and heaving as if the walls were alive.

The messenger turned to see if Damen was following him and led him to a side door. The door led into another room where people were shagging in dark corners or lit by the chandelier, and the man pointed to a staircase for them to climb.

Damen tried to memorize the surroundings, as he had done in military reconnaissance camps, but he looked away in disgust when he spotted one of the children he had seen earlier serving a man on the couch.