Chapter 6

No character, music, images belong to me as their rights belong to their respective authors and creators.

Issei returned home from the church and thought about what his parents said in the vision. His mother had finished cooking dinner, when she heard him come in.

Miki: Oh, Issei, welcome back dear, how was your day?

Issei: Fine, hey, kaa-san?

Miki: Yes?

Issei: Um, did you think I would never get a bride, if I didn't change? - as he remembered his vision in class.

Miki: Hmm?

Issei: A bride, you know someone that would love me like you do with tou-san.

Miki: Well... - she wanted to say that his childhood friend would love him, but she didn't know if they would see each other again, even if they went to England, she could have a new relationship, so she said - no, I didn't, I'm sorry.

Issei: No, kaa-san, it's okay, I'm glad you're honest with me - as he hugged his mother to make her feel better - frankly, I would agree with you, eventually, I would have grown up, but it's possible that the damage would have been done.

Miki: Maybe, but why the question?

Issei: Hmm? Oh, well, this new student in class mentioned how she lived with a classmate of mine and I was wondering what it would have been like if I introduced her to you and tou-san. The vision that I had wasn't pretty, but I wanted your honest opinion and you told me and I agree with both of you in the vision. You know the truth hurts, but you have to accept it sometimes. I was a disappointment to both of you, you only babied me because of the two miscarriages - as he could see the tears well in his mother's eyes as she looked down in shame.

Miki: I'm sor...

Issei: You don't have to apologize, but I do wish that you did educate me more strictly. I know you feared that you would lose me, but please be more strict with me, I needed it.

Miki: Okay - as she cried.

Issei: You don't have to cry, kaa-san - as he held his mother - you were right, I was a shame to society, but I'm changing my ways, I can see that beating was a blessing in disguise for me. It let me know who my friends are and sadly, the only one that I had was Shidou, but... I'll have you know that I got a new friend today.

Miki: Really?

Issei: Yeah, it's my senpai, she's helping me with my chinese kenpo, though she kicked my butt today in our spar, if you could call it that.

Miki: She? Your friend is a girl?

Issei: Uh huh, and no, she's not going to be my bride if that's what you're thinking, hence why I asked the question, but not just her, I think I'll befriend two more guys, actually three, I just needed to open up, after the betrayal of Matsuda and Motohama, I wasn't fully sure that I would.

Miki: That's nice, dear - wiping her tears - I'm so happy for you.

Issei: Yeah, they're training me hard for the tournament coming up in about a month - as he rolled his sleeves, so Miki could see the bruises forming.

Miki: Oh my goodness, Ise!

Issei: Relax, I'm fine, I probably will be stiff, but Elize-sensei will have me covered, so I can heal up.

Miki: I don't recall that being the name of your homeroom teacher.

Issei: She's not, she's the nurse at the school, I also get tutored by a professor at the university.