Chapter 8

No character, music, images belong to me as their rights belong to their respective authors and creators.

Issei felt a bit awkward with Shigure, he's been used to her alone if last Friday and on Monday was any indication. This one felt different as they walked to who knows where and she didn't say where they were going. It didn't help from his senpai's parting words of trying to survive. He was lucky that Shigure wore a trench coat over her usual outfit, but it didn't do much to hide her figure.

Issei: 'I really messed up in that spar, she was disappointed.'

He could not help but look at his sensei, her eyes remained forward, but she knew that he was looking at her. He just slumped his shoulders as he walked along with his sensei. Tōchūmaru had jumped from Shigure's head to Issei's head and patted him on the head in comfort.

Issei: Shigure-sensei, are you mad at me?

They had been walking for some time now and she hadn't said a word, a part of him was willing to just go home. In the past, he would believe that this was part of a porno and a beautiful woman would take him somewhere so they could have sex. He knew Shigure was not that type of woman in the very short time that he has talked with her. So while he just wanted to go home, a part of him was still curious about where she was leading him.

She still said nothing and didn't answer the question, the silent treatment was enough to tell him that she was mad. While he may have been a pervert, he was observant and had seen his mother do this to his father, whenever he screwed up. He just shrugged his shoulders and kept walking as he looked for an escape.

Issei: 'Why bother being somewhere where you don't belong.'

He saw an alleyway coming up and gave a side glance at Shigure, she was still looking forward. Seeing his shot, he took off down the alleyway or at least as fast as his bruised body could take him. Tōchūmaru squeaked on top of his head and grabbed his hair as if trying to get him to brake.

Issei: Sorry, Tōchūmaru, but I don't want to be somewhere where I'm not wanted and that's how I felt.

Tōchūmaru still squeaked, but the squeaking became a little high pitched as Issei heard a whistling sound. His instincts told him to duck or at least move, so he did by moving to his left. However, he wasn't fast enough as a chain wrapped around his right ankle. He stopped moving to prevent himself from tripping as he looked back to where the chain came from, he stiffened. Looking back, he saw Shigure looking back at him, he knew he had two choices, take the easy way and walk back to her or the hard way and try to keep running.

He was not an idiot, he was going to take the easy way and walk back to the attractive black haired woman. He saw her tilt her head, he guessed that she was expecting him to run again. He just looked at her and put his wrists forward, which caused her to raise an eyebrow.

Issei: I'm just making it easier, so you don't have to worry about using the chain - shrugging his shoulders - I don't get why you want me to keep walking with you if you're just going to shun me, did I do something in the spar against Ukita-senpai? If so, I'm sorry, I never meant to upset you in any way.

Shigure: Uh - she gave a slight gasp, but she maintained her composure - I'm not mad, I just... used to walking alone, I'm not... used to someone walking with me.

Issei: Oh, I see, I thought it had something to do with the spar.

Shigure: Somewhat.

Issei: By the way, you didn't give me your critique, you usually do on Mondays and Fridays.

Shigure: Oh, right, well, you made an opening for yourself... so that's good.

Issei: Oh, okay, well, thanks - he was hoping for a little more critique - I was trying to be like you, you know, since you know how to keep your cool. I usually get caught up in my anger, which would make me lose because I would exert more of my energy.