Chapter One - Training

In the city of New York, there was a family of five that lived in a hidden lair down in the sewers.

The oldest of the four sons, a mutant red-eared slider with emerald-green skin and wearing a royal blue mask over his sapphire blue eyes, was on one side of the Dojo they created down there, with a giant tree in the middle, training with his youngest brother, another mutant red-eared slider with light green skin and wearing a bright orange mask over his baby blue eyes.

"Yah!" the oldest grunted as he swung one of his katana swords at his younger brother.

"Oh, yeah! Michelangelo is on the move!" the youngest shouted, jumping around wildly as he spun his kusarigama nun-chucks around in the air.

The oldest turned around and swung again. "Heeyah!"

"You don't know what to do," Michelangelo said. "I'm here, I'm there. I could be anywhere. How do you stop what you can't even see?"

The oldest spun his katana around in his hand and thrust the blue hilt into his youngest brother's stomach as Michelangelo attempted to flip over him again. Michelangelo hit the ground and groaned as he rolled onto his side.

"Like that?" the oldest replied, raising an eye-ridge as he looked down at him.

"Good one, Leo," Michelangelo groaned out, giving a shaky thumbs up as he laid there.

On the other side of the room, the second oldest - in fact, the twin brother of the oldest, was a mutant red-eared slider with kelly green skin and wearing a royal red mask over his emerald-green eyes. He was training with the fourth brother, the third oldest, who was a mutant red-eared slider with tea green skin and reddish-brown eyes.

"Alright, Donnie," the second oldest said, cracking his neck. He spun on of his red-handled sais in his hands. "Put down the staff and no one gets hurt."

"Uh, you said that last time, Raph, and then you hurt me," the third oldest pointed out.

The second oldest shrugged. "Yeah, but less than I would have."

"Yeah, right." The third oldest raised his bo-staff and gripped it tightly.

He attacked his older brother, but the second oldest dodged and gripped the bo, spun it and broke it in half, giving his brother a menacing smile.

"Should've dropped the staff?" the third oldest questioned.

"Should've dropped the staff," the other confirmed. He spun the pieces of the broken bo in his hands before he started beating his younger brother with them.

"Okay, okay! Ow! I'm down!" the purple-masked turtle yelled.

The red-masked one turned away from him and towards the oldest.

"Onegai shimasu," said the blue-masked turtle.

"Whatever you say," the red-masked one replied with a shrug.

For a brief moment, metal clashed against metal as the oldest's swords met with his brother's sais. Then the second-oldest wrapped one of his sais around his older brother's wrist and flipped him over himself.

"Nice try."

"Yame!" said their father/master, a 6'0 rat with brown and white fur with a black streak down his back, with a droopy white beard, whiskers, a long pink tail and a pink nose, wearing a red kimono.

The four sons quickly arranged themselves to be sitting on their knees in a line in front of him as he walked forward.

"You all did very well."

"But I did better," said the red-masked turtle confidently.

"This is about self-improvement, Raphael," said the sensei firmly. "It is not about winning and losing."

"I know, sensei. But I won and they lost," Raphael said. He yelped as the master placed his fingers against a weak spot on his neck and began twitching uncontrollably. "Ah, ah, ah! But what's really important is that we all did our best. Good job, everyone! Ah..." he sighed as his adoptive father released his neck and chuckled to himself.