Chapter Six - The Team Needs a Leader

"And so your inability to work together allowed them all to get away," Master Splinter said angrily.

"Well, maybe if Leo hadn't had to waste time saving Donnie, we could've saved them," Raphael replied bitterly.

Leonardo sighed, but kept whatever was going on in his head to himself.

"Well, I could've saved them on my own if Mikey hadn't run off on his own!" Donatello snapped back.

Michelangelo, naturally, took offense to this, but Leonardo cut him off before he could speak.

"Sensei, I know that we weren't prepared for what was up there, but we can't wait another year to try again. Those people... they need help. Our help. We just need to learn to work as a team."

Master Splinter thought it over as he turned to look at a picture of a beautiful young woman holding a baby; the sound of flames was forever etched into his mind.

"Yes, you must save them," he agreed quietly. "Hmm... If you are to fight more effectively as a unit, you are going to need a leader."

As the other three immediately began arguing over who should be leader, Leonardo remained silent, waiting patiently for Master Splinter's next words. Master Splinter began walking towards his room.

"This is a difficult decision. I will meditate on it." He shut his bedroom door, then opened it a few seconds later. "It's Leonardo."

Leonardo stood up and left the Dojo, understanding them to be dismissed.

God, I hate that name, he thought. I hate myself. But... none of them need to know that. They don't need to know that I don't sleep as it is, or that I barely feel hungry. They don't need to know that I would give anything to be different from who I am.

He shook his head. Focus, Leo. That girl and her father need you and your brothers. You can't let your own self-hatred be the reason they suffer.

With that thought in mind, he began formulating a plan, coming up with one rather quickly for how little he actually knew about the situation.

Rise of the Turtles - Part 1 of "Experiment 1251514118415"जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें