Chapter Nine - A Plan of Lies

Snake led them across the city where the turtles surveyed the holding facility from a nearby rooftop, with Snake tied up behind them. Michelangelo was supposed to be watching him.

"There's gotta be at least twenty of them that we can see alone," Leonardo said quietly.

"All right! An all-you-can-beat buffet!" Raphael said, pulling out his sais.

Leonardo reached out and grabbed his arm. "We can't just rush in there. There are innocent people in there that will get caught in the crossfire. We need a plan."

Raphael sighed. "Fine."

"Boy, I could sure go for some of that pizza right now, huh?" Michelangelo asked suddenly. The other three stared at him. "What? I can't be the only one that's hungry."

"Where's Snake?" Leonardo asked him.

Michelangelo looked behind him to find that Snake had gotten away. "Oh, geez."

"Get him!" Leonardo called out. The four of them ran after Snake, splitting into two teams: Leonardo and Raphael, and Donatello and Michelangelo.

The purple- and orange-masked turtles went into a nearby alley, where they ran into a huge wall.

"Maybe he went over the wall," Donatello suggested.

"I'm on it," Michelangelo replied.

With Donatello giving him a boost, Michelangelo was able to get over the wall, crashing into a bunch of things that were stacked up on the other side.

"Ow. I don't think he went this way," he called.

Meanwhile, Leonardo and Raphael went into the other alley, and they both knew where Snake was hiding. Leonardo stopped and elbowed Raphael.

"Oh, great. We let him get away," he said.

Raphael caught on immediately. But, well, he wouldn't be him if he didn't antagonize his older brother. "Whoa, whoa. You're the leader. That means you let him get away."

"You're not helping," Leonardo deadpanned.

"I'm not trying to help," Raphael grinned.

Leonardo rolled his eyes and sighed. "Okay. You want me to lead. Fine. We're going back to the lair, gearing up, and at midnight, we'll drive Snake's van right up to the gate. They'll think we're him, and we'll cruise right in."

"And then we bust some heads?" Raphael asked hopefully.

"And then we bust some heads."

"I love a happy ending," Raphael said, as the two of them left the alley.