Chapter Seven - Catching Up to Snake

"Explain to me one more time what we're doing here," Michelangelo whispered, as the four brothers stood on the roof of a building near a warehouse.

The other two groaned. Leonardo sighed.

"Mikey, we've been over this," he said. "That building over there has the same logo as the van that was used to kidnap the family. So if we wait here long enough, one of the kidnappers will eventually show his face. And when he does, we'll make him tell us where they took them."

"And then we got ourselves a van!" Michelangelo said.

Another sigh. "Just... hit the guy I tell you to."

Michelangelo gave him a thumbs up. "Will do!"

"Are you sure this is gonna work?" Raphael asked.

"Yes," Leonardo replied. "Just give it time."

A few hours later found the other three bored and uninvested. Leonardo, however, remained resolute in his never-ending patience.

"Okay," Michelangelo said to Donatello, for the ninth time in the last five minutes. "I'm thinking of something green. Ga-reen. Ga-reen."

"Is it Raphael again?" Donatello asked rhetorically, equal parts annoyed and uninterested.

"Man, you're good at this!"

"Give it up already," Raphael snapped at the leader. "The guy's not gonna show."

"We have to be patient," Leonardo said.

"No, you have to come up with a better plan. 'Cause the four of us standing here with our thumbs up our noses –"

"I don't think they'd fit," Michelangelo cut in.

"– is pointless," Raphael continued as though he hadn't heard him.

Leonardo didn't flinch; he just smirked as he saw the van pull up. "You sure about that, Raph?"

"He just showed up, didn't he?" Raphael sighed. "I should've complained two hours ago."

Leonardo rolled his eyes. "Come on." He jumped down, with his brothers behind him.

As the driver got out of the car and spotted them, the four of them surrounded him.

"All right, buddy," Raphael said. "We can do this the easy way, or – my vote – the hard way."

They pulled out their weapons.

"Yeah, look at it logically," Donatello said. "There are four of us and one of you. What are you gonna do?"

The man pulled out a gun and started firing lasers at them, causing the four turtles to jump into the air to avoid them.

"You had to ask!" Raphael said to his younger brother as the man got back into the van and began to drive away.

"He's getting away again!" Donatello shouted.

"No, he's not," Leonardo replied calmly.

He followed the van with a speed not even his brothers were capable of, waiting until he was just close enough before throwing a shuriken into one of the front tires, causing the van to swerve and crash into a wall.

"Now we're getting somewhere," he remarked. He looked over at his brothers as they caught up. "Mikey, Raph, go around back."

They both moved around the other side of the van as Leonardo and Donatello moved along the side. Leonardo and Raphael each grabbed a door and opened it, and a single canister of bright green-blue liquid rolled out onto the pavement.

"Mom?" Mikey asked, shocked, as he picked it up.