Chapter 29

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out its heart?" Fairy Godmother asked the six, bored villain kids in remedial goodness class.

Five minutes in, Piper decided that it was a very boring class. She sat next to Evan, Jay and Carlos sat next together, and Evie and Mal did. Piper sighed, putting her hand up — the answer was so obvious.
Evie so clearly knew too.

"Evie?" Fairy Godmother called on her.

"What was the second one?" Evie said.

That's so not the answer anyway, Piper thought, keeping her hand raised in the air.

"Oh... Okay..." Fairy Godmother sighed. "Piper, how about you?"

Piper smirked. "D, of course," she said.

"Erm, anyone else...?" Fairy Godmother said awkwardly. "Mal."

Mal glanced up from her drawing, a bit miffed. "C, give it a bottle," she answered.

"Correct." Fairy Godmother smiled. "Again."

"You are on fire, girl!" Carlos complimented.

Mal shrugged. "Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun," she said as if it should be obvious. Well, that makes sense.

A girl passed them hurriedly, with a terrified squeal. Harmony — the redhead that doesn't seem to talk much... or at all, was behind her, giving the villain kids a shy smile. Evan gave her a wink, but Harmony pretended not to notice, causing Evan to pout and for Piper to grin at him teasingly.

"Hello, dear ones," Fairy Godmother said.

"Hi," the girl in the light blue dress said quietly, giving a clipboard to Fairy Godmother. She glanced nervously behind her at the villain kids as she said, "You need to sign off an early dismissal for the coronation"

Mal, paying close attention to the new comers and Fairy Godmother, elbowed Evie to get her attention, a thoughtful look on her face. Evie, previously messing with her hair, flinched and looked in that direction.

"Everyone here remembers Harmony, right?" Fairy Godmother said, sighing the other girl's clipboard. "This is my daughter, jane."

"Mom, no!" Jane protested, blushing furiously.

Jay and Carlos exchanged looks. Harmony as posed turning around to look at them. Piper smirked, while Evan stared at the back of Harmony's head.

Fairy Godmother handed Jane the clipboard back. "It's okay," she said. "Jane, this is everyone." She pushed her daughter, who looked quite traumatized forward.

"Wow, I think her head must've exploded from all that knowledge," Piper told Evan sarcastically, but he wasn't paying any attention, his gaze on Harmony, who had finally turned back around.

"Hi," Jane said softly. "That's okay, don't mind me, as you were." She quickly started walking away, and Harmony hurriedly followed after her.

"Harm, you're welcome to stay," Evan called after her.

Harmony glance at Evan curiously, shook her head, and continued after a terrified Jane.

"Harm? Seriously?" Piper snickers, but Evan merely rolled his eyes and crossed his arms huffily.

Fairy Godmother cleared her throat. "Let's continue," she said, pointing her pointing stick at the board. "You find a vial of poison, do you A, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an Apple? Or C, turn it over to the proper authorities?"

Evie's, Jay's and Carlos's hands all shot into the air excitedly. Jay forcefully brought Carlos's hand down, though.

"Jay?" Fairy Godmother called.