Chapter 1: The Showa Era

Gamera woke up, a destroyed city around him.

He looked around for the source of the destruction, his eyes landing on a lizard-like kaiju. It looked like a giant Gecko, with some spikes on his back. As he watched the kaiju, it turned to him. He seemed to looke startled.

"You...aren't the same as the other turtle. Maybe Boss was right..." 

Gamera was extremely confused. Why did he say that? Who was this other turtle the lizard was talking about? He stepped forward, with a questioning look. "Who are you talking about?" The lizard growled. "That is no concern to you. All you need to know is Im Barugon, and Ill be your end."

The lizard charged him, his mouth opening. Gamera tilted his head, wondering what the kaiju was going to do. He wasn't overly concerned of losing, he was about 30 meters bigger. But he didn't expect Barugon to hit him with his tongue. It hit him in his face, and he became angry.

He grabbed the tongue before it retracted, pulling it and Barugon to him. Before he crashed into Barugon, the tongue began to fire a white mist, which was unbelievably cold. He roared, and used a fire pulse. It melted the frost, and burned off Barugon's tongue.

Barugon hopped away, his body steaming. "You burn' my ton'ue! You' pay for 'hat!" Then Barugon's back glowed, and a Rainbow came out, heading for Gamera. He was so baffled he didn't even try to dodge, until it hit him. It hurt a lot, and he roared in pain. Fire sprang around him, and he disappeared in the flames.

Barugon grinned. He'd done it! He killed Gamera, even if he looked a little weird. And tall. That was until he saw the flames going towards where Gamera was, and he backed away in fear as he saw a completely unharmed Gamera absorb all the fire.

Gamera charged up his own attack. The plasma built in his throat as he grinned at Barugon. "My turn." And he fired the plasma blast. Barugon's eyes widened, right before he exploded. 

Gamera roared in victory. As he shook the ash off himself, he heard a sound. It sounded awfully similar to his jets. He looked behind him, and saw a spinning shell descending. His eyes widened as he began to process what he was seeing. But it couldn't be...

Showa Gamera landed on the ground. He had sensed Barugon was making trouble in Tokyo, and had rushed as fast as he could to rescue the humans. He couldn't see, but he swore he heard battle sounds. It was probably nothing.

As he landed, he pulled his limbs and head out and stood up. He was roaring, when he stopped abruptly. Barugon wasn't there, but was he imagining what he saw in front of him? Or was he really looking at another Gamera?!

The two Gamera's stared at each other, trying to take this all in. Then Reiwa Gamera spoke. "Umm... who are you?" "Im Gamera." "No, Im Gamera." "But, why have I never seen you before?" Reiwa shrugged. "Im not sure. Maybe you just stayed well hidden... no. I would've found you eventually. And that kaiju Barugon.. I've never seen him before."

Showa Gamera tilted his head. Then his face brightened. "I think that you're me from the multiverse!" "Ok...what is that?" Showa tapped his chin. "Umm, it's basically multiple universes of a single one. I don't know exactly what it is-" "So are you saying there are multiple universes, and multiple Gamera's?" "Exactly!"

Reiwa Gamera and Showa Gamera were deep in thought, trying to take it all in. There was multiple Gamera's? They both had thought that they were the only ones, but apparently there was a whole Gamera Multiverse. Or a GameraVerse. Showa thought.

Suddenly, a portal opened next to them. They both hopped away, and something came through. It was a mechanical Gamera, very similar to Reiwa Gamera. 

"Congratulations, you've managed to hop universes. But you wont be able to stop our plans."

This is the re-edited version. I decided to change the whole chapter, since I wasn't proud of the last version. I think this is much better. And I will be doing some more editing/changing to the rest of the Showa Era Chapters, and Heisei Gamera chapters.

Hope You Enjoy!😊