thirteen. let me know when to expect to be shanked for being team jacob

the next time maeve saw xolo was a couple of weeks later, to film a couple of press interviews for later release. the two had kept in contact through texts— they were friends after all— but even with only the distant contact, it was hard for maeve not to think about her and xolo, and xolo and lacy.

it's not that she was avoiding the man; her slipping into her dressing room at the last possible moment and avoiding the casual conversation between the cast and crew that had taken place beforehand was unrelated.

her outfit was fairly simple, and definitely something she would have chosen for herself, which is one of the many reasons she loved adrianna so much. slipping into the tartan trousers, black spaghetti top and netted shoulder cover, the makeup and hair artists buzzfeed had assigned her made quick work of getting her ready.

xolo grinned as she walked up and sat on the stool beside him, crossing her legs and resting her hands over them.

          "nice to see you, maeve. it's almost as though you've been avoiding me."

          "hard to avoid you when you text me like seventeen times a day."

          "and you answer atleast twice, so who's the real winner here?"

          "not me," maeve huffed with a small smile as the interviewer entered, handing the two of them laptops.

the interview they were doing today was buzfeed's sink or ship, where they would complete a quiz about which fictional couples they supported or didn't.

when the cameras started rolling, they introduced themselves professionally. neither of them were new to the business; they knew the chemistry they had to keep up throughout interviews and press.

          "okay, first couples: do you prefer rachel and ross or rachel and joey from friends?"

          "oh, rachel and joey on principle," maeve assured immediately, clicking the button on her laptop screen. "ross sucks."

xolo tutted, shaking his head.

          "i have to say rachel and ross."

          "of course you do." maeve shook her head, laughing a little as the man scoffed.

          "okay, next up, and i already know my answer to this. bella and jacob or bella and edward? it's obviously edward-"

          "jacob-"

they spoke at the same time, and xolo practically shivered at the icy look she gave him, telling the cameras so.

          "we will have words about that later." maeve smacked her lips together, scowling at xolo's laptop screen as he read off the next one.

          "oo, this one's close to home. cobra kai, baby! miguel and sam or robby and sam? i already know where my loyalties lie."

biting her lip, maeve decided to have some fun.

          "i've actually not seen cobra kai," she blatantly lied, causing the man to gape at her. "but i have to go with that one on principle." maeve selected the option on her screen, causing xolo to gasp.

          "which one did she choose? sam and miguel?" the interviewer asked from behind the camera.

          "sam and robby," xolo scoffed dramatically, shoving into her gently and causing one of her legs to drop to the floor. she shoved him back playfully.

the interview continued for about five more minutes, and once it came to a close, they were whisked into a new outfit for the next one, to give the impression they weren't all filmed in the same building on the same day.