CHAPTER 1: Collision

Metals being smashed together and sounds of knocking as well as the blows of whistles woke the sleeping Babe.

"The hell..." He cursed under his breath. He covered his ears with a pillow in hopes that it would magically get rid of the noise. But it didn't and so he had no choice but to get up.

"Happy Birthday, Babe," Alan, who is Babe's closest friend said the moment he opened the door of his room. It was Alan's spare room that he offered for free but Babe insisted on renting it until he finds a place of his own.

The half asleep celebrant still couldn't process what was happening so he just confusingly stared at the man in front of him. He then shifted his gaze and lo and behold, it was still the crack of dawn.

"Why the long face?! It's your birthday, Babe!" Alan cheered happily, and once again blows his whistle.

"It's 3 in the fucking morning!" Babe snapped, stating the obvious. He ruffles his hair in frustration.

Alan laughs at his disheveled state, maybe feeling a bit sorry for disturbing his sleep. "Is that so? I didn't notice."

"Really? Isn't that how early old people wake up?" Babe shots at him. A smirk appears on his face when he noticed his reaction.

Alan ignores Babe's remarks and searched for something in his pockets. Then he handed them to Babe. "Anyway, surprise!" He grins excitedly.

With furrowed brows, Babe accepted the piece of paper and his eyes widen. "W-what- Wait! Seriously!?"

Alan nodded proudly. "Yup! Happy Birthday, you idiot-

"Thank you!" Babe cut his words off when he lunges a hug at Alan, who stumbled slightly.

It was a ticket for the final race match of this season where X-Hunter and Red Racing are competing.

He withdraws himself from the hug and his once sleepy state now has become awake from excitement. He stared enthusiastically at the piece of paper.

Babe has been a fan of X-Hunter from the moment he laid eyes on Way, one of the team's top racer. He has since had a huge crush on him and wants to support him on his every race. However, he often can't watch the race due to the tickets being sold out in under minutes. Even Alan—who is part of the X-Hunter team—can barely get him one.

But this time, Alan worked his ass off to finally get Babe a ticket, and a VIP at that, so he'll have a good view of the game—and probably can meet his ultimate crush.

"It's your 21st birthday, I think it's time you stop that little crush of yours." Alan suggests.

That made Babe look at him. "Don't. Not that again, Alan," Babe shakes his head.

"But you know it's inevitable."

"I know! But... I want to have fun, Alan! That topic is the last thing I want to hear or just, I don't want to think about yet..." He trailed off.

"The sooner you get over him, the better it is for you to handle the 'soulmate' thing," Alan tries to reason out.

Soulmates.

People who are fated for each other.

Every 21st birthday of every Alpha, Beta, Omega, or even Enigma, they are destined to find their soulmates. And if they try to defy or refuse their fated mate, they suffer and eventually die. For some, they fail to fnd their soulmates immediately maybe because they are in far proximity or their partners are not born yet. Hence why people are persistent on finding their soulmates otherwise they might die. In the case of the death of a soulmate, the other party will not suffer nor die but they can no longer mate with other people.