CHAPTER 5: Try

Not long after, Charlie became silent as he felt something on the lower parts of his body. He gazed down and there was a growing tent between his pants. He's hard again for the nth time today. 

He cursed under his breath and sucked a sharp breath while he ruffled his hair from frustration. 

Alan noticed his actions and was confused by the sudden shift of Charlie's mood. The other felt his stares and he looked at him before shrugging his shoulders. Alan understood what he meant and nodded. 

"I think I'll get going now," Charlie announces and was replied with frowns and boos.

"I need to take care of... something," the enigma added. 

"You're no fun! You can take care of that tomorrow–

Alan cuts off North. "Ai! Let him go! He needs to rest! I'll drive you," Alan offers.

But the younger declines, "No need. I'm sober enough to drive." Charlie said truthfully since he didn't drink anything after the group shot and that was hours ago. 

The oldest, despite his concerns, didn't push it and just nodded. "Be careful and good luck with... that." 

Charlie scoffs a bit, "Yeah. I'm going now. And tell Phi Way I went first. And please take care of him, Uncle." Charlie turns to the now sleeping Jeff on Alan's lap before excusing himself. 

He takes one last look at Babe and smiled before leaving. 

Meanwhile, Babe was busy with attending to customers and talking to Way that he didn't notice Charlie going. 

He accidentally glanced at their table and saw that the enigma wasn't there. He didn't think much about it though. Well, not until minutes passed and there's no sign of him still.

On the other side of the pub, the mischievous Alan noticed this and suggested to go to where Way is since the enigma has no plan on going back to the table as if he forgot about his teammates. 

Jeff woke up a few minutes ago and agreed to it as he wants to see this Babe up close. 

And so they went and their approaching figures didn't make Babe happy in the slightest. 

Alan clears his throat the second he sat beside Way. "So, what's this? Are we interrupting a date?" He teases. 

Way laughs at this. "No, of course not! I just want to talk to Babe and accompany him since he looks lonely." Way explains. 

Alan nodded sheepishly and shifted his eyes to the now annoyed Babe. "What? Can't I sit with him?" 

"I hate you." Babe whispers. He didn't even feel like bantering with him right now. And unconsciously he looks around at them seemingly finding someone. 

The team was still talking and teasing Way and Babe but the latter didn't entertain any of it, he just laughed sparingly instead. And while serving them yet another set of drinks, he glanced at their table again. 

His close friend who can't help but notice this speaks, "He went home," he informed and that made Babe look at his way. 

"No one asked," Babe shot at him.

"It's cause you look like you're looking for somebody." Alan smirks. 

"Me? Looking for Charlie? Why would I–

"I didn't say it was Charlie," Alan teases even more. 

That rendered Babe speechless. He didn't realize he was glancing at where that enigma sat earlier. He didn't realize his eyes were unconsciously looking for him. He's mindlessly and unwillingly searching for Charlie.