CHAPTER 18: Hell

"What happened to him?" Reval asked, worried flood over him when the boys entered carrying an unconscious Charlie.

"He's fine, he just fainted, sir." It was Kim reassuring Reval. Kim points at the couch and they placed the enigma there.

The older nodded. "But why did he faint?"

"That idiot hit him," Kim replies, pertaining to Allan.

The culprit flinched when he heard Reval click his tongue. "Sorry, he was being stubborn, sir."

Reval can only sigh. Whatever means they did just to get Charlie here, as long they're safe, doesn't really matter right now.

But Charlie's slumber was short-lived. He groaned as he slowly sat up. Sonic and North was startled and backed away a bit as if Charlie's gonna bite them if they're ever too near.

"Shit. What happened-" he halted in his words when his eyes landed on an unfamiliar man. "Who- Where am I!?" He suddenly stood up.

"Charlie, calm down," Alan tried but he only received a glare from Charlie.

His gaze turned to Reval. "Are you the man on the phone? Babe's father? Are you that bastard who abandoned him!?-

"Charlie!" It was Alan.

"Shut up," he sternly ordered, not even sparing Alan a glance.

"It's okay, Alan." Reval nodded a bit.

Charlie observed them. He noticed how somehow close they are. It's as if they've know each other for a long time. "Do you know him? Uncle?"

Alan was stunned. His eyes widened at the question. "What- Well-

"Did you know he's Babe's father? All these time? Did you know that? Uncle, answer me!" Charlie roared.

"Charlie..." Sonic calmly calls him.

"What? Did you know that too?" Charlie snaps at them.

"No! Of course, not! I didn't know! We didn't! I swear!" North denies truthfully.

"Why aren't you saying anything!?" Charlie shifts back to Alan.

"Charlie, can we talk?" Reval touched Charlie's shoulder.

"How the fuck do you know my name!?" Charlie harshly flicks his hands away.

"Let me explain. Can we talk?" Reval tries again.

The angry enigma only stared at him. He scoffs and brushed his hair out of frustration. "Are we really gonna waste our time talking rather than saving Babe? I can see how you set your priorities now."

"I intend to save my son but first, we need to make a plan and in order for it to work, you need to listen to what I have to say... You're important to my son, and I want you to know everything."

"Babe is more important to me than whatever shit show this is. I'm leaving-

"Charlie! You're really being stubborn-

"And you're a fucking traitor, Uncle." Charlie bats back.

"Just, listen okay? We'll explain." It was Kim this time.

"Kim and Alan are Babe's spies-

Charlie turned to Reval. "What did you-

"Intrigued? Then listen."

"So, how is he, doc?" Tony asked his private doctor. They've done the necessary procedures and now, Babe just need to recover. He also asked the doctor to check for that information.