CHAPTER 9: PitBabe

The next day, Babe and Charlie agreed to meet on the tracks of X-Hunter base. At first, Babe didn't want that privilege but Charlie told him that he's going to rent it and they will not use the field for free.

And due to excitement, Babe had trouble sleeping last night that's why he woke up late. He's almost an hour late from their agreed time that he he basically flew out from the bed and prepared. He was rushing and multiple clattering of things were heard from his room. The moment he stepped out, Alan had a curious look on his face.

"Going somewhere?" Alan tilts his head and crossed his arms.

"None of your business," Babe barely said as he scurried towards the door.

"Hey!" Alan calls his attention but he only received a door being slammed on his face. He was about to scold him but the second he came out, Babe was already on his racing car and is speeding off.

Wait, racing car? Alan mentally wonders. Babe have never used the car since he got them so why now? Then it hit him.

He couldn't stop himself from gasping as he covers his mouth. "Wah! Charlie, that kid!"

As soon as Babe entered the tracks, he saw Charlie leaning on his own car, arms crossed over his chest. He cursed to himself when the enigma noticed his car and stood up properly. Babe went out and approached him with an apologetic look on his face.

"Uh, I'm sorry, I overslept," Babe started. He couldn't gaze straight at Charlie's eyes.

The other only smiled and followed where Babe's facing. "It's fine. I thought you changed your mind. I'm just glad you showed up," He says before grinning.

Babe searched for any bluff on his face but couldn't find  anything but genuineness that it made him sigh of relief. "I had a lot in mind last night. I'm sorry again–

"Yeah, forgiven! I know you're just excited to see me–

Babe rolls his eyes and acted to leave.

"To see me teach you! Babe, I'm just kidding!" Charlie whines and followed him.

Babe chuckles to himself and supresssed a smile. "I'm just going to the locker, I can't race in these, right?"

Charlie was dumbfounded. "Uh, you're right. Go ahead, take your time."

The alpha can only shake his head as he turned on his heel and left to change.

On the other hand, Charlie scratched his head when suddenly he was almost pushed to the ground.

"Kid! Wow... Was that Babe!?" Alan exclaimed in disbelief.

"Uh, yeah, he's just gonna change–

"Did he agree!? How the hell did you convince him!? And are you training him yourself!?" Alan shaked Charlie.

The enigma smiled proudly and answered, "Yep–

"You really have an effect on him, huh? Wow, I still can't believe it." Alan was wide eyed.

"Well, I did what you requested. What's my reward then?" Charlie teased.

"You get to spend time with him, duh?" Alan stated the obvious.

Charlie nodded, not minding that kind of reward. "You're right..."

And after talking for about 5 minutes, Alan left and went inside to have a meeting with the staff and later, with the team about the upcoming season. And a few moments later, Babe came back with the tracksuit and a helmet.

It's a spare one, not really the official one they used in the actual race but it'll do for now. Charlie smiled at Babe and the latter just nodded. They were both squinting their eyes as the sun basically are blinding their vision. Then Charlie and Babe wore their helmets.