CHAPTER 4: Win

With a defeated sigh, Charlie walks out from his room and is met by Alan.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep," he starts.

Charlie smiled shortly. "He's mad and he's gone."

Alan nods knowingly and taps Charlie's shoulder. "I expected that. He's really not the type to accept someone in his life most especially, his soulmate. It's something he dreads. So, please be patient with him."

"I will. I hope he doesn't hate me," Charlie says lowly.

"Well, I don't know about that. Hate is a strong word and you being his soulmate doesn't help so... I think he does. But he's a sweetheart! He's just like that since this is all overwhelming for him right now. I'm sure he'll soften up!" Alan reassures the enigma.

But despite Alan's speech, Charlie still feels hopeless and sad. He's like a puppy deprived of his owner or a puppy that was just scolded. He's really sulking right now. And Alan huffs a breath, thinking of what to do to help the situation.

"Wanna celebrate our win this season?" Alan asks cheekily.

"Uh, I'm not really in a festive mood. But you can go with the rest of the team if you want–

"Is that so? Well, I know a pub with a certain alpha that may or may not work there and may or may not be someone's soul–

"To the pub then! Let's go! Call them up right now– Wait, should I?–

"Did Babe drive off with my car!?" Alan shouts, realizing just now when he looked out the window and saw his car gone.

"Well..."

On the other hand, Babe, who is face-slumped to the bed, couldn't process the whole thing that happened yesterday. He couldn't take his mind off of Charlie and how much suffering he'll put him through.

He keeps questioning why it all happened on his birthday where everything was going so well. Why it have to be Charlie, an enigma. Why fate keeps fucking his life up.

He wonders if it's his fate to be miserable.

To be involved with enigmas.

Son..

Stop resisting!

Someday you're gonna crawl back here and beg me to

"Fuck!" He stood up. He's breathing heavily from the sudden flashbacks.

He stares at his now shivering hands. "Fuck this."

Babe looks around for his cigarettes to calm him down but he can't find it. He starts panicking and searched his room and even the whole house but couldn't find a single one. And with labored breathing he shakily sat on the sofa and closed his eyes.

His mind wandered; he thought of every possible thing that could calm him. He reminds his brain to remember the feeling of smoking and the smell of the cigarette.

But it didn't help.

Suddenly, as he was breathing deeply, his nose caught a sniff of a familiar scent. Babe looks around and realized that it was his shirt.

Or was it?

"Fucking ridiculous," Babe cursed.

It wasn't his shirt.

It was that enigma's.

It was Charlie's.

His soulmate.

He smelled his soulmate's scent that was left on the shirt.

As ridiculous as it sounds to Babe but there's no denying that his once measured breathing and ruckus mind turned to normal.