XI. A Remedy to Cure All Ills (Part I)

Edwin pulled two bugs out of a box and placed the bugs in some flowers, then spoke a spell. "Bebeode þe arisan ealdu."

MORGANA'S CHAMBERS

Gwen entered with Edwin's flowers and gave them to Morgana as she said, "Look what's just arrived for you."

"Who are they from?" Morgana asked.

"I don't know. Maybe Arthur?!"

"How disappointing."

"Why? Who'd you like them to be from?"

"I don't know. Tall, dark stranger?"

ELIORA AND QUENTIN'S HOUSE

Quentin walked in and handed Eliora a bouquet of flowers, also from Edwin. "These came for you."

Eliora pointed to an empty vase. "Just put them in there. Any idea who they're from?"

Quentin shook his head. "I don't know. Certainly not from me."

"I should think not. They're far too beautiful."

"Yes, they are."

MAIN SQUARE / MORGANA'S CHAMBERS / ELIORA AND QUENTIN'S HOUSE - NIGHT

Edwin stood in the Square. Gwen put out the candles in Morgana's Chambers. Quentin put out the candles in his and Eliora's house.

"See you in the morning," Gwen said.

Morgana and Eliora fell asleep and the bugs climbed out of the flowers and into their ears.

Quentin, the next morning, rushed to find someone to help his sister and Gwen suggested bringing her to Morgana's chambers, as she feared it was a similar ailment.

MORGANA'S CHAMBERS

Gaius examined sleeping Morgana and Eliora. "Their bodies seem to have closed down."

"Why?" Uther asked. "You don't have an answer do you? Nothing you've tried so far has worked. It's been nearly two days. And what do you know?"

"I fear they may have some form of inflammation of the brain."

"What could cause such a thing?"

"An infection, possibly, rest assured, I will do everything in my power to cure them, Sire."

GRIFFIN STAIRCASE

"Are they any better?" Gwen asked.

Gaius shook his head. Gwen climbed the stairs as Gaius descended and met Merlin and Quentin on the landing.

"They're all but dead, Merlin, Quentin," Gaius said.

"No, you're going to cure them," Merlin told him. "You have to."

"Don't you start. I've tried everything."

"I was wondering..."

"What?"

"Maybe I could..." he waited for a guard to pass by, "...help."

"If you're suggesting magic... have you forgotten what happened with Gwen's father and Quentin? This is not a magical illness, it must be cured by conventional means. We keep trying. See if you can find me some fresh rosemary."

"There must be something more we can do."

"And yarrow."

Quentin glanced at Merlin. "I suspected as much at the strange occurrences. Don't worry Merlin, your secret is safe with me. Just promise you'll save my sister and the Lady Morgana."

Merlin nodded. "I'll do everything within my power."

MAIN SQUARE

Edwin waited as Arthur came out to meet him.