XV. The Beginning of the End (Part I)

EXT. LOWER TOWN - MARKET – DAY

Mordred walked through the market with his presumed father, Cerdan who asked, "Do you have my supplies ready? We must leave the city without delay."

"Everything you asked for, it's all here," a stallholder replied, then paused. "I'm sorry."

Guards approaches. Mordred and his possible father ducked under the merchant's table to run through the market.

"Seize him!" a guard yelled. "Stop there!"

Mordred and Cerdan were forced to run into the palace grounds. A guard jumped at them and slashed Mordred. Merlin heard Mordred's telepathic scream.

Cerdan performed a spell which threw the guard into the rampart wall. Mordred couldn't run far, so he and his father were stuck on the drawbridge.

Cerdan did another spell which shut the drawbridge gates and he yelled, "Run! Run, run!"

Mordred ran through the gates before they closed. Cerdan allowed himself to be caught.

INT. PALACE - CENTRAL CORRIDOR – DAY

Merlin walked down the corridor.

Mordred telepathically cried, "Help!"

Merlin stopped to look for the owner of the voice. He entered the Square.

"Help me! Please."

Merlin stopped to look around again and saw Mordred sitting by a stone ledge, looking at him.

"Please. You have to help me."

Merlin realised the boy was using telepathy.

"Help me."

Merlin saw the guards enter the Square.

"Search in there," a guard said. "Take the other side. You, did you see a boy run in here?"

"They're searching for me."

"Why are they after you?" Merlin asked telepathically.

"They're going to kill me."

"Guards!" a guard called. "In here!"

Merlin ran to a side door, looked at the guards, and nodded to Mordred.

"This way," Merlin told him telepathically. "Run. Run!"

Mordred ran to Merlin, holding his wounded arm.

"Hey. There he is! Alert the rest of the guards!" Merlin grabbed Mordred's hand and they ran up the Griffin Stairway. "In there. Quick, down there. We've got 'im."

Merlin and Mordred ran up the curved stairs.

INT. MORGANA'S CHAMBERS

Merlin burst in with Mordred.

"Have you forgotten how to knock, Merlin?!" Morgana cried.

"The guards are after him," Merlin explained. "I didn't know what to do."

A guard knocked and said, "My Lady?" He knocked again. "My Lady?"

"In there," Morgana told them, waiting until Merlin and Mordred were behind the curtain to open the door.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, My Lady." Mordred collapsed into Merlin and Colette's arms. "We're searching for a young Druid boy. We believe he came this way."

"I haven't seen anyone. It's just me and my maid."

"Best keep the door locked till we find him."

"Of course. Thank you." She closed the door and ran to check on Mordred. Merlin's hands were covered in Mordred's blood.