Update

2 more years later...

It had been 2 years since iv been out here in Florida, I am in my second year of college and iv only ever made 2 friends. Which I'm cool with in all honesty,their names are Kevin and mike. I met them in my medical class,I'm studying to be a phlebotomist. What they don't tell you is that you would be getting stabbed with needles all day long,my arm has been purple for some time now.

"Hey! Malachi what's up man?" Mike says to me as he enters the class late

"Hey man."I say as I dab him up "late to class once again I see" I joke

Mike scoffed "alright now mister perfect attendance." He played along

Mike is a brown skin man complexion of milk chocolate, he's got pretty white teeth with a small gap in between the front two,hardly noticeable at first. He always swooned the ladies with his gentlemen like skills,he was raised right unlike half the other boys in this school or any other school for that matter. He truly meant what he says and stuck to it,he was very blunt to anyone with respect of course.

"Where is Kevin at?" I sat down looking at him as I place my hand on the table

"Uh that's a good question,I had been texting him but he ain't said non." He shrugged

And for some reason I felt like I knew but I pushed the thought past me Kevin never let anyone over his house,or in his thoughts.

"Well I guess-" I was cut off at the sound of Kevin voice calling out for us

" where my homies at ? Mike! Malachi! I know your here,I feel it in my nuggets" he yelped

Me and mike looked at each other in disbelief,we told that man to stay off of tik tok for it was an unhealthy addiction. We signal him over with our waves

"Man come on over here and stop actin a fool." Mike says like he was a father

I couldn't help but laugh at the two,when Kevin came over mike slapped the back of his neck. Which was way funnier then it should have been. The teacher soon came out and started teaching the class the new basics, This time we just practiced measuring the solution we would extract into the needle.

I look to my left and saw two girls giggling,not even paying attention. One looked like she was having the time of her life while the other just played along only cause the other one was laughing. She didn't find it as funny as the other girl did, but in anyway she looked into my direction and gave a small smile and wave. I waved back and gave a small smile, she was beautiful. Dark brown skin,dreads freshly done and just a little makeup on her face to enhance her features. She would have anyone feeling jelous just being next to her. I looked away and continued my work.

Some time has passed now and school was over, I made my way outside to my car. A blue bmw m3, man I love my car.

I put my bag in the back seat and looked up only to see the same girl but only the back of her head, getting in a all pink Honda civic

"Nice car!" I shout to her smiling

She whipped her head over to me and smiled "awe thank you" she laughed to herself before getting in.

I got in my car and drove home,once I got there it hit me. That today marks a year that i have not heard from my mother. I was always calling her but the last call happened a year ago, when she told me she loved me and that I better be good. Also that if she ever found me in them streets she would have me 6 feet under. I told her not to worry and even asked where she was going or rather what was happening. It seemed to me like she went to jail but she never expressed that much to me.

I put my phone down and took my shower,I lotion up and oiled my scalp. I cooked some spaghetti and ate before taking the rest of my night to bed. lord knows I was tired ,speaking of lord I had church youth night tomorrow.

In the mist of the thought I heard the front door open,it was my dad. Of course it was.

🧍🏾‍♀️(ahem ok the next chapters will be more interesting I kinda rushed this one.we gonna get to the girl now.)