Where have you been.

I was out on the street preaching.
I had my friends at my side,we were giving the message that God wanted us to speak on. I been out here for about 3 hours now,I was having fun because a group of boys and girls all teenager's were gathered around listening. It so happens to be my birthday today,I am now 22 years old.

22 years old,that's crazy. I don't even wanna think about it. My dad is also along side me watching me preach,I look at him and he had a smile on his face.he was not Christian but he supported me,I look to the side and I see a familiar face."

"MOM!!!" I pass the mike to my homie and I ran to her, call me what you want but I cried like a baby. My mom hugged me tight,and she cried in my arms.

"Oh my baby!" She kept saying over and over.

The kids started clapping,not knowing what was going on but, happy for me.
I pull back and she wiped my tears,man I missed her.

"Mom I missed you so much." I couldn't help but feel like a happy boy.

My mom took a deep breath then my father came over and hugged my mom. He didn't,I thought.

"Did you-" I stop and look at him

He looked at me and nods "I bailed her out,I had some tricks up my sleeve."

I smile and hug him

"Well don't let us stop you baby I wanna see you preach!" She got happy and went to sit on a bench with my dad.

I was as happy as I could ever be, I was too excited.

I started up preaching again until I saw a face I couldn't forget, Aaliyah. And to my surprise Sydney was with her.

Sydney looked over and gasped "MALACHI!" She shouts causing Aaliyah to shoot her head in my direction. Her heart along with mine dropped, after 5 months. Here she is.wearing a revealing outfit, wearing makeup I never seen before.

I ignore her and wave at Sydney and continue preaching. I seen Sydney wanting to come over but Aaliyah stoping her. Sydney pulled Aaliyah over to me, I didn't stop preaching. I was already on the topic of, finding your identity in Christ. I start going on about it until I reached the point of clothes. I look at Aaliyah and she stared at me.

My friends mike and Kevin started to wrap up and move to a new section, I held my mic still preaching.

Aaliyah's p.o.v

"I see that you can shake and take yo clothes Off but baby how's your soul?"

Is all I could remember him saying to me,as I paused in the moment reflecting on what had happened just now.

"Wait no..Malachi-"

Before I could finish he had walked off,and with that I felt a sudden conviction.

Was I even a Christian.

I watched as he walked off and I saw his dad with a lady,I look away and sigh at Sydney. All of a sudden time slowed down,I heard it.

Gun shots.

End of p.o.v

I was walking with my friends and still preaching as I went, I look to my right a-crossed the street and saw a man in a hoodie. Two of them looking suspicious, all I heard next was scary.

Be still and know that I am God.

Lord what?

BOOM

Was the last sound I heard,a trigger pulled out of nowhere. Causing me to fall to my knees, what just happened?

Aaliyah's p.o.v

All I heard was a gun shot, I whipped my head over to him. I saw his body fall to the ground, what just happened ?

I ran over to him but Sydney stopped me pulling me away from the action.

Mike yelled "MALACHI!!!!!"

Kevin gasped "NOO!

"NOOO!!!!!!!!!!" I tried to escape her grip, I needed to. All I heard was Sydney yelling at me saying let's go but I wouldn't budge. We ran in a store and she held me close

"I know I know i know shhh" was all she kept saying to me, as I cried out.

People in the store running to see if I was okay,I wasn't. I got out of her grip and ran out to Malachi,his mother and father were by his side. I knelt down and held his hand, what went wrong. I was mad at him and regretted every moment of me being mad, the last thing he ever said to me was if I wanted to be his. All I did was run, and for what? I was mad and confused. Was it worth being upset over for 5 months? What would have been different?

The ambulance came and took him on a stretcher. His mom rode in the back and the father looked at me " do you wanna come with me?" Is what he said and I agreed.

Sydney watched me leave with him and she herself left too, we all went to the hospital following behind the ambulance. I kept my composure as the dad did too.

Moments later we arrived, and they had him in that room for what seemed like hours. The doctors finally came out, to give the news.

He was alive.

"Ma'am ,sir. He is stable, it's a miracle because he was in fact dead. This is a true blessing." She gave a faint smile before leaving and the mother and father hugged each other. I stood there watching, I wish I had someone to hug.
All of a sudden I felt arms around me,no one was hugging me tho. It must have been Jesus, that was my thought. And it made me fall to the floor crying,his mother and father rushed over to me placing a coat over me and hugging me for real.

Thank you God,thank you.

It's been 4 hours and we were able to see him, we waited so long but it was worth it.
As soon as we walked in he was lying there eyes closed,I couldn't bare seeing him like this.

Who would do this?