I forgive you

The police had came to my house,for a couple of visits. They had told us who the suspect was,and Kevin and mike were right. It was Ed and Andrew,they told us that with Andrews anger it triggered the police go pull their trigger,after he pulled out his.
I understand that,but then again. Why can't we just ever aim for the hand? Or the leg? Why can't there be a better way to deal and handle things? Rather then a mother loosing a son. But then again why do I feel so sorry,when he wasn't sorry for me. Well,I guess I forgave him. With all my heart mind body and soul,cause I don't have time to be worried about you it.I'm trying to heal,and get back on my path.

A few days later,we decided to go see Edward in jail. I still had some questions to ask, I did not wanna see him but I cannot live in anger.Once i finally arrived and made it inside,the officer offered to help push my wheel chair.

As I park my wheel chair by small booth section with a phone hanging on a wall, I see Ed coming in. He sits down infront of me behind a plastic clear wall, picks up the phone and I did the same.

The looks we gave were intense but remorseful." Hey..." he spoke to me and i took a breath before responding.

"Hey" was all I could muster up, I had my hand under the table balled up. My emotions were trying to get the best of me, but I remained calm. "I'm sure you have alot of questions" Ed spoke yet again, his face was hard to read.

"I just wanna know why." I gave a small smile, but I was not happy. In fact I was in pain,too much pain.Not because of the aching I am feeling in my body, but because of the sorrow I feel for him of the sins he committed.

"There was so much hatred in our heart, mainly Andrew's heart. I was just a follower, and I'm the one who shot you and-" before he could finish he was in tears.

My hand slowly unclenched.

Edward's p.o.v

He sat there looking so calm, he had a smile on his face even still. I don't understand how, how does he remain calm and still smile. The wrong I have done to this man and he smiles? I couldn't help but to start crying, I felt so sorry and horrible. He could could have shattered the fake glass wall before us and took me out, and I would have let him. That's not the kind of man he is though, not at all. He is a forgiving man,a man of love and compassion, a man that I am not. A man of God.

"How do you do it Malachi ?" I cried out

I saw him gazing at me like he was reading me like a book.

"I think the real question is are you ready to see why I do what I do?" He responds to me.

I immediately nod "you have no idea."

And with that Malachi opened the small slot, handing over a Bible. It looks used so I opened it and there were notes in it, easy for me to read and understand.

End of p.o.v

I watched him as I handed the Bible to him, he read some pages but his crying never stopped.

"Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others."
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:13"

I watched Ed's face turned confused, I let it stay that way then I said ."I forgive you." I grabbed the sides of my wheel chair and rolled off towards the door as I had nothing else to say, what I had came there for was to question him and hopefully feel better at the least. Now I realize I don't need the full story and how it built up to that, It's either I let it go or I slide back into the dark abyss.

Edward's p.o.v

I watched him as he left, I then stared at the Bible before me. I don't even know if I can have this in here.

Right at the thought,an officer came up to me and looked at my Bible he laughed a little and nodded "pick up your book,let's go" he waited for me to do so.

I grabbed it and stood up,we walked back to my cell I shared with 5 other guys. They all looked at me wondering what was in my hand.

"What's that?" One buff dude named Bob said,he was a white guy with a lot of tattoos.

"A Bible." I said dryly

The men sat down where they could and stared at me, they all looked so helpless,so hopeless. Then it hit me, I have the hope and the help they are looking for. That we are all looking for.

I sat on the ground with my hand shaking holding the book. I look up seeing as though everyone wanted me to start reading,I opened the book randomly and began in Matthew.

End of p.o.v