Dont misjudge me.

I decided to sleep without greeting my father back home,now it's morning time. I got up and made us some breakfast, I made his plate full of food. He was always a hungry man, my father was a good man. Despite some thing he has done to our family, I'll save that for another time tho. I place the plate of food on the table and had already eaten mine,I got dressed in a white over sized hoodie with the writing "Jesus made" on it and a Bible verse on the back. My old friend, Daniels mom got it for me a while back. Then I paired it with some black cargos and a black Nike bag that crosses over me.

I headed out the door and walked to a nearby cafe called "montel" that was the last name of the owner.

As soon as I walk in I see face gaze up at me and I smile "hello" I say

"Hi Malachi !" A white girl who worked here said excited to see me

"Hey Sydney, how are you?" I say in a soft tone

She looked at me with her hazel eye piercing mine "my goodness I'm amazing,thanks to you."

I smirked "I assume you and your man are doing fine now ?"

She nods "yes thanks to you Malachi,you spoke some sense into him"

I nod "well I'm glad I could,I prayed he had ears to hear and eyes to see"

She smiled once again "well guess what we got a new worker." She says as she rings up my order that she knows I only get since I'm picky, I shall get one of two things.

"Oh that's good,are they teachable ?"i ask knowing how troubling it can be to train a newbie.

"Oh yes and she's really pretty, I think you would like her." She pressed her lips together unsure of what I would say

I nod slowly "mhm..okay so I assume you are trying to get me together with her?"

She nods as I pay for my stuff and she gets is made

I take a breath and sigh unsure of how I felt,honestly I felt nothing. I was already really busy with work and medical school, how would I have time for a girl?

"So?" She snapped me out of my thoughts.

I sat down at the counter infront of her and stared at her "I don't know Sydney"

She looked annoyed now "I'm gonna tell her-"

"Sydney you wouldn't." I said in a fake betrayal tone "okay fine but only if she wants to, let me talk to her you stay out of it."

She claps happily and nods "you got it man"

All of a sudden a I see someone familiar come from the back of the shop,it was her the girl from my class.
She had her hair down,her dreads were shoulder length. She looked at me and paused for a moment.

"Oh hi your that dude from uh...school huh ?" She spoke with a beautiful tone she sounded like she would call you sugar or baby at any moment.

I hadn't realize I had been staring at her,not blinking once. I finally blinked and held my hand out.

"Yes my names Malachi." She shook my hand and spoke soon after "oh Malachi? I think iv heard about you."

I looked at Sydney and she had her eyes darting at me in surprise, she mouthed the words "it wasn't me."

I knew that was a dang lie, I look back at the young women in-front of me and smile "oh? Is that so." She nods to me and noticed the awkwardness
"Yeah well I heard that you come in a lot that's all and you know the owner?"

I nod in response and a hum came from her voice

"Well I guess I'll be seeing more of you then,we might just get along" she said before going to take a customers order