Why do I feel... ill?

TW: Mentions of feeling ill, being sick, fainting
______________________________________
Third Person's POV (Grian)

Grian woke up with a booming headache and a scratching feeling in his throat. He sat up, the movement starting a small coughing fit. *I'm sick, aren't I?* he faught to himself, feeling a bit annoyed at his current findings.

He hated getting sick since that meant people would worry about him, and he hated that. No one had to worry themselves over him. He's fine. He wanted to stay in bed, just lay there all day, but he sadly had an appointment with Keralis, so he had to get up from bed.

Every Friday was known as Grian's "Healt day," a day Xisuma, Keralis and Beef came up with to help Grian with his problems. Not that he has any. He doesn't think there's anything wrong with him. But anyway, the three men take turns to take Grian in that day and make sure the smaller Avian is still alright fiscally and mentally and to just hang out with Grian.

Today was Keralis' turn, and he was waiting for Grian at the shopping district. Grian got up, sluggishly wandering over to his drawer to get out his fit for the day. He would usually put on his red sweater, but for some reason, he felt extremely warm. Yet he also felt cold? He decided to put on just a plain white T-shirt and put his red jumper in his inventory in case he actually started to get cold.

Without pruning his wings or fixing his hair, Grian took off from his base, flying over towards the shopping district. The headache hadn't helped with flying at all, causing Grian to lose focus long enough to almost crash into a building. He had to make an emergency landing, going into a spiral motion till he roughly landed on his feet a few feet away from Keralis. He brushed himself off before slowly making his way towards the dark brown haired hermit.

"Hi Papa K." Grian announced his presence, causing Keralis to turn around and greet the smaller hermit with a bright smile. "Hi, my little birdie! (FATHER FIGURE LOVE) How are you? You look a bit pale -"

Keralis came closer to Grian, pressing his hand up to the Hermits head to check his temperature. Grian winched a bit at this, his head still throbbing. Keralis now bore a look of concern as he double-checked his theory. "Grian, are you sick?" He sounded concerned, which only annoyed Grian even more. No one had to worry about him.

"I'm fine, Papa K. It's just a small headache. No- no need to worry..." There was clearly something wrong. Grians voice was hoarse and soft. He also started another small coughing fit after he stopped talking. "Grian, you're burning up, and you are coughing. Plus, you sound terrible. Clearly, there is something wrong..."

Grian looked down in shame and disappointment. One of the only two things he didn't want to happen today, happened. He made someone worry about him. Now he just hopes he doesn't bump into Scar. As much as he knows, it's not Scars fault. He can't help but feel embarrassed that he even faught Scar would love him back. And his words still hurt.

It was only when Keralis snapped his fingers in front of Grian that the avian realized he was being spoken to. "That's it, you're going straight off to bed, young man! I'm taking care of you today." Keralis announced with a serious tone, but his eyes shown with love.

"But Keralissss, I'm fine!" Grian wined, not wanting to make Keralis use up his time to take care of him. "No but's Gri, you're going home right now, and I'm coming with you. Come on, let's go." Kerlis equipped his elytra, taking out a few rockets before turning his attention back to Grian, who was currently swaying a bit on his feet.

"Are you sure you are okay to fly G? You are swaying a bit there, buddy." Grian shook his head to clear his mind. He suddenly felt dizzy. It's probably from the massive headache. He gave a thumbs up to Keralis, giving the taller Hermit his best smile to try and reassure him that he was fine. Keralis didn't seem to buy it, though, but after what felt like an eternity of Grian being stubborn, Keralis gave up.

"Alright, you can fly, but tell me if you start to feel like you can't fly anymore or you need a break. Alright?" Keralis folded his arms, giving Grian a serious look. Grian nodded, knowing full well he wasn't meant to be flying right now, but not wanting to bother Keralis anymore than he already is.

They took off, Keralis flying as close as he could to Grian to keep an eye on him. Grian was swaying a little bit and wasn't flying like he normally does. He's the best flyer on the server, yet right now, he looked like he was flying as weirdly as Scar. Scar. Why does his mind keep bringing the elves' name up. He was trying to forget about yesterday.

For some reason, thinking about Scar made the headache and dizziness become stronger, and soon, Grian felt himself losing control of his wings. With the faint muffled sound of Keralis screaming at him, he felt his wings give in as he started plummeting towards the hard soil below. Keralis saw what was happening and realized the situation. Grian just passed out.

In one swift movement, he used his elytra to spin around and dive after the falling Hermit, catching Grian in the nick of time before coming in for a bit of a crash landing against a tree. Keralis winced at the pain when his shoulder hit the bark of the tree, but that wasn't his concern right now.

He gently put Grian down onto the forest floor before frantically searching for his communicator in his inventory. Once he found it, he typed a message to Xisuma, the first Hermit he fought could help.

---------------------------------------------------------------
You whispers to Xisuma: Shashwammy, we have a problem. It's Grian. He's really sick, and he just fainted. I'm taking him back to his base, meet me there.

Xisuma whispers to you: I am on my way, bringing Beef and Cub with me for assistance.
---------------------------------------------------------------

With that, Keralis put away his communicator before once again picking up the avian hybrid. Keralis managed to get into the sky with a bit of struggle, holding Grian close to his chest in order to not accidentally drop him. With a better landing than before, the brown haired Hermit walked into Grians rock base, heading towards his bedroom and placing him onto his bed. He went and got a cold towel to put onto Grian's head, and he covered the now shivering hermit with the blankets.

Keralis sat on the bed by Grians side, gently raking his fingers through Grians hair as a way to comfort the smaller till the others arrived.

______________________________________
Hope you all enjoyed it! The next chapter will hopefully be coming out soon :D