Spikes of floral

TW: (You know the drill by now. Keep all of the trigger warnings of the Hanahaki disease in mind)
_______________________________________
Third Person's POV:

Xisuma was peacefully sitting in his living room when he got the call from Mumbo. The fact that it was a call already put the admin on edge, but it was Mumbo's words that threw him a bit. He answered, not expecting anything good, but this was also not at all what he wanted to hear.

"Hello? Mumbo? You called." Xisuma said in a steady voice, trying to sound monotone, but he himself heard the concern in his own voice.

"Xisuma, there's something massively wrong with Grian. You need to come now! Please! And bring Cub or whomever with you!" Xisuma didn't waste any time collecting his Elytra and rockets before jumping from his base, taking flight. "Alright, I'm on my way to go get Cub. Where are you at right now?"

Xisuma held his communicator close to his ear to be able to hear Mumbo's voice on the other side of the line. Mumbo sounded panicked, which only made Xisuma's anxiety grow. "I'm inside my base in the bathroom. Grian passed out after a horrific episode... I'll explain more once you guys get here." Horrific episode? Was Grian sick again? What was going on?

"I'm on my way. Stay strong, Mumbo. Get a wet towel and put it on his forehead for now. I'm just fetching Cub, and I'll be right there."

"Will do Xisuma. I'm hanging up now."

And with that, Xisuma no longer heard the mustached man's voice on the other side of his communicator, focusing fully now on getting to Cubs base. He made it, almost crashing into the hard soil on the side of the base up ahead. Cub, Gem, and Doc were gathered there, spotting Xisuma's stumble as they saw the panicked urgency on his face.

Gem was the first to rush over, asking Xisuma if he was okay, to which Xisuma just nodded. How convenient. The three Hermits specialized in some form of medics gathered together. Xisuma waisted no time to speak up once Cub and Doc also came rushing over.

"Mumbo just called. He sounded really panicked, and he said something about Grian having a horrific episode and that I had to get you Cub. But since the both of you are here, you might as well come as well." Xisuma breathed out, pointing towards Doc and Gem as he said so.

With no hesitation, Cub went to fetch his medical stuff, and the four Hermits traveled over towards Mumbo's vault. Xisuma led the way, a determined and worried expression resting on his face as different scenarios flew through his mind. He was just hoping none of them were true.

<3

Mumbo waited impatiently next to Grian, the bathroom door open so that Xisuma and Cub could have an easy way in. He cleaned some of the mess in the sink, all of the petals separated from the blood and rinsed off, but he kept the evidence in case it could help Cub in his diagnosis.

Grian was sweating a lot, the cold damp towel not seeming to help with cooling him down. Mumbo was still pretty panicked, trying his best to wake Grian up with different methods. Trying out some cold water, talking to Grian, rubbing his forehead for some reason. Mumbo tried everything.

If he had to be honest, he was scared. He didn't know what was wrong with Grian, and he was pretty sure coughing up petals was not a normal human function. Yes, Grian was a bird hybrid, but he still shared the same lungs as a normal human. Mumbo just hoped that Cub would know what to do. That he will be able to help his feathered friend.

A few faint rockets were heard off in the distance, and Mumbo's hopes climbed up the ranks. That should be Cub and Xisuma outside. He just hoped they could figure out the redstone door.

<3

The four Hermits arrived at Mumbo's vault, Doc taking charge as he knew how the redstone door worked, leading the group into the fault. Once inside, however, Cub was the one who took charge, making a B-line straight for where he knew Mumbo's bathroom was at the side of one of the vaults doors.