chapter 6

-𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 6-

𝔑𝔦𝔠𝔥𝔬𝔩𝔞𝔰 𝔰𝔢𝔢𝔰 𝔍𝔢𝔰𝔲𝔰

The room was empty. Or as far as he could see, that is. Nicholas cracked open his caramel eyes for the first time in two days, scanning his surroundings automatically, scrounging for answers about where he was and what happened.

He laid on a bed, it was soft and made him want to stay forever.

Which was weird.

Usually he hated beds, he'd feel compelled to sleep. 

And God knew how much he hated sleeping.

Wait...

He hadn't had a dream. It just felt like an eon of blackness, cosiness. He didn't know how long he'd been asleep before, but it seemed to do the trick. He felt more awake than he had in years.

The brunet sat up, his arms shaking slightly and his eyesight still blurry as he peered round the white curtain next to his bed. 

As he did, his dizzy gaze came across another figure in a bed, similar to his own. Although, this boy, or man, was already staring right back at him. Focusing his vision as best he could, Nicholas squinted at him.

Long brown hair, tanned skin, and a mid-length beard. 

He looked kind of like...

"Jesus?"

The man laughed as the words fell out of the demigods mouth. He sat up straight and grinned a white toothy smile at him.

"Sure, I'll take that."

Nicholas' lips parted as he thought deeply.

"Does- does this mean I'm dead?"

Again, the man chuckled.

"No... although it was hit and miss for a while. I mean, even the monster killing kid woke up before you. Only a few hours ago or something." He noticed as the boy's face grimaced in confusion and how he slightly faltered for a moment. "Oh, Gods, you don't know, do you? Gee, Grover must've had trouble getting all three of you here. So glad I'm not a Satyr."

Slowly, Nicholas straightened up, pulling back the curtain completely.

"Where's my sister?"

Jesus, or whatever his name was, hummed.

"Right, the brunette. Took ages to get her leave your side. Chiron basically had to swear on the River Styx that you'd be alright." Seeing the absolutely befuddled look on his face, Jesus tried to gesture with his hands. "The River Styx? In the Underworld... Achilles? Ringing any bells?"

Nicholas blinked, his face completely blank of any recognition.

"This has gotta be a dream, man. Who the hell decided to put Jesus in my dream? I bet it was Daisy. She's always been preaching about him to me..."

Jesus raised an amused brow as he mumbled to himself, then as he threw himself back down on to the bed and chanted "wake up... wake up... wake-"

"It's not a dream."

Without even opening his eyes, he let out a "that's exactly what a dream would say."

The tanned man huffed out a small laugh as he speculated. 

"Hm... wonder who's kid you and your sister are... stubborn, naïve, funny." Nicholas scrunched his brows as he tried to ignore the voice on his right. "Oooo," it said excitedly, as if spreading gossip to a friend. "Maybe your Mr D's kid? That would be hilarious to watch all summer."