chapter 7

-𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 7-

𝔭𝔢𝔯𝔠𝔶 𝔰𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔱𝔴𝔦𝔫𝔰 𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔪 𝔞 𝔡𝔲𝔫𝔨 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔱𝔬𝔦𝔩𝔢𝔱

"So..." Nicholas started, twiddling his thumbs as they sat on the floor in the corner of Cabin 11, looking between his sister and the Jackson boy. "What happened while I was still out? Other than you two getting tours and apparently making friends with everyone here."

At that, Paige blushed furiously and looked to the ground.

"I didn't do anything, Nik. They just started talking to me and I talked back. I guess they wanted me to like them or something, I don't know."

Percy only shrugged as she spoke, suddenly feeling very left out. All he'd gotten from the Hermes' kids were glares and giggles.

"Right. Learned anything new? Met anyone worth talking about?"

This got the girl very excited as she started rambling about everything she learned about the Gods in the short amount of time she was alone.

Nectar and Ambrose. Used to heal and energise Demigods, but if you had too much, you'd probably die.

Monsters don't die. They just disappear for a while.

Mrs Dodds was a Fury. 

They weren't allowed to say that name though, so it was Kindly One for now.

She also complained in very much detail about Mr D. He didn't get her name right either, which seemed to be a recurring problem as Percy agreed by a nod of the head.

Once she was done, the brunette hugged her knees and rested her head on them, grinning at her brother.

She was just so happy he was okay. 

"I met this girl- Annabeth I think. She said she'd take us all on another walk around the grounds once you woke up. She'll be here soon... hopefully."

Nicholas nodded as the boy spoke. 

It would be nice to get out of the Cabin. Even if he'd only been in there for a few minutes. It was hard to sit still in there, aware of everyone's watchful stares.

Most of the kids looked up at the knock on the door, causing the twins to follow. 

There was a curly blond haired girl standing there, she looked like she was the same age as them, and had stormy grey eyes, staring right at the trio.

Paige stared back, tilting her head, analysing her. 

The girl stood proud, despite arms covering her chest, and had a wistful twinge to her expression, like she knew everything at all times. 

It wouldn't surprise her if she did.

Another blush rose up her neck as she realised the girl was maintaining the deep eye contact. 

Both Nicholas and Percy flicked their gaze between them, waiting for one to break it. 

"Come on, newbies. We're going to the basketball court," the blond finally said. 

Happily, Paige and Percy jumped up, ready to follow her anywhere, as long as they got out. But as the brunet boy slowly stood, he caught a blue gaze. 

There was the blond he saw earlier, leaning against a bunk bed, watching them with an intense stare. Again, he saw what looked like a forced grin. It didn't comfort him in anyway. Once noticing that Nicholas was watching him, the boy raised a hand as a wave, short and sweet.