Ch 3: Don't Call Me That

~ONE YEAR LATER~

"No you can't go Lux-chan." Chiyo whined pulling on the sleeves of his fur coat.

"I have to Chi Chi ( HA like Dragon Ball Z)." Laxus told her calmly rolling his eyes at her silly nickname for him. "And I told you to stop calling me that."

"I'll stop when you stop calling me Chi Chi."

"Ha like I'll ever stop doing that." He smirked pinching one of her cheeks. "Don't act like you don't enjoy it."

"I don't." She said slapping his hand away.

"Whatever besides we're here already." Laxus told her as they walked up to a nice white picket fence house.

The house wasn't too big nor was it too small. It was a light shade of yellow but the frames on the windows were painted a light blue. There were all these flowers in the the grassy yard surrounding it.

Chiyo looked up at Laxus with wide curious eyes. "What are we doing here? What is this place?"

"This is my house." He said slowly, unsure of what her reaction will be towards it.

"This place is yours?" She looked surprised at him not expecting someone like him to a have a peaceful looking scenery. "That explains why it's a shade of yellow, but why is it in the middle of nowhere?"

"Because people irritate the crap out of me. So I rather live out here alone instead."

"Well that's not weird at all." She commented with a bit a sarcasm in her tone.

"Oh that coming from the girl who I found hiding in flowers all by herself." He shot back.

"I already explained to you that it wasn't my fault for being there!" She huffed stomping her foot on the ground. "You still haven't told me why we are even here in the first place."

"Okay, first calm down squirt before you hurt yourself." He said patting her on the head lightly. "Second, we're here because this is where you'll be staying while I'm gone."

"Oh ok..." She trailed off her gaze wandering else where.

"Hey are you okay." Laxus asked her in a concerned tone after seeing her with the same look of sadness just like the one she had when they first met.

He placed a large hand on her tiny shaking shoulder. "Chiyo." At that moment Chiyo throw her arms around Laxus's waist catching him by surprise.

"Please Laxus please don't go." She cried, tears streaming down her rosy cheeks. "Please don't leave me like everyone else has."

Laxus frowned seeing her drowning. He had only witnessed her shed tears on very rare and few occasions since their time traveling together. With each tear that falls the more pain he feels.

"Shhh calm down." He calmed her wrapping an arm around her while he ran a hand over her soft curls. "I'm not going to leave you. If anything I'd probably kill myself rather than leave a weak pipsqueak like you all by herself."

He could feel her snuggle closer into his stomach as she began to quiet her cries. "Are you done now?" He asked her causing her to mumble something into his shirt. "What was that? I didn't quite hear you."

Chiyo then pulled away looking up at him pouting. "I said I'm not a pipsqueak."

"Oh yeah, if you aren't then why are you down to there." He pushed her head lower making her seem like was shrinking in size a bit. "And I'm up to here." He points to the top of his head.

"That's 'cause you're a freakish giant. You big meanie weirdo."

"That's it." Laxus said grabbing her and throwing her over his shoulder.

"Ahhh! Laxus put me down!" Chiyo yelled.

"Shut up runt." He calmly said walking towards the house.

"Don't call me rant, either!" She shouted slamming her fist against his back.

"Ow! You brat!"

"Not that name, either!" Another punch came to his back.

"Ow, make up your mind already?!"