Ch 12: New Friends and New Home

Third Person POV

Within the year they had grown stronger, but they still had a long way to go, but strength was not the only thing they gained. They added a new friend to the team--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chiyo stood in the shallow waters of the mystic Mononoke Lake they had found hidden deep in the forest of Yakushima. Sting, like a pervert, watched her stretch out her muscles, admiring her light blue bikini and how it fit her perfectly.

"Sting if you keep staring at my ass, I will claw your eyes out."

"Well what else am I suppose to look at- Ow!" Rogue smacked the back of his head leaving a small lump.

"Show more respect and Chiyo hurry up. Do what you need to do so we can continue on our journey, we're almost at the Sabertooth Guild." He ordered.

"Sir yes sir." She saluted him before diving into the crystal waters. She had just learned to breathe underwater, but they were now testing how long it would last; the record so far was 8 minutes.

Chiyo swam around observing all the tiny creatures that lived in the coral rainbow reefs that were considered very rare and valuable, yet she would not dare take one since it would mean destroying these creatures' home like most heartless people in this world. She looked down at the watch on her wrist noting that 9 minutes have passed, which was a minute over her previous record.

Proud of herself, she smiled turning back to the shore when something shining from the corner of her eye caught her attention. She started swimming towards it. It was almost like something was calling out to her, crying for help. The closer she got the more clearly she could see the object, eyes wide with wondering at the large egg that laid at the bottom of the lake bed. The shell was pure white with specks of gold dotting it and seemed to glow brightly as the tips of her fingers glided against its smooth surface.

The others who stood above the lake were starting to worry for their friend. 15 minutes had passed, and she still had not return.

Chiyo gathered the egg into her arms huffing at how heavy it was as it weighed her down slightly, but she continued to swim. Halfway to the top, she could feel her throat tighten from lack of air and panicked slightly knowing she wasn't going to make it. Thinking quickly, she used magic to heat up her body and the water around her creating a boiling affect that sent her flying out of the lake, where her back connected harshly against the hard-earthy floor. The egg still cradled protectively in her arms.

"Chiyo!" Everyone shouted running up to the soaked girl.

"Are you okay?" Sting asked as he checked her over for injures, while Rogue draped a towel over her.

"Fine." She reassured the boys that were fussing over her.

"Hey! Yo-chan brought back an egg!" Frosch pointed out, catching everyone's attention to the abnormally large egg center in the middle of the group.

"What's in it?" Lector questioned poking it.

"I don't know." Chiyo said placing her hands on it and closed her eyes to concentrate on the feather-like voice that was ringing in her ears. "It's calling out to me. Its crying saying, 'its dark inside' and 'let me out'." She opened her eyes and focused intensely on it.

Keeping both hands on each side, they glowed red as her heated up the shell. She hissed in pain at the burns developing on her palms from using her fire magic for too long, but it was worth it when the egg began shining. It then exploded, shining a blinding light making everyone shield their faces from it. As the gleaming died down, Chiyo could feel silky fur against her skin and looked down at them to see the most sand colored adorable baby kitten laying in her hands shivering. Chiyo pulled her closer, wrapping a warm towel around the tiny feline and rocked it in her arms.