Ch 14: Long Awaited Welcome

The Fairy Tail Guild boomed with cheers and roared with joy in celebration; their lose family members have return after being missing for 7 years. They were welcomed, greeted with suffocating hugs and happy tears were shed on this day. Everyone gathered in the grand hall of the guild to inform them on everything that had happened during those lost years, while the other explained what had occurred on Tenrou Island before their long sleep.

The news shocked many ears, hearing that they had faced off with a fearsome beast like Acnologia, and some were surprised by Laxus's sudden presence along with hearing of his heroic acts on the Island. This made all the Fairy Tail members more open to accessing him back into their good graces, which warmed the blonde's heart just for a split second. He didn't have time for a celebration, sure he missed everyone, but there was only one person on his mind. A certain ginger haired brat, that held a tight grip on his heart.

'If it's really been 7 years, she must have been lonely without me.' He thought bitterly, holding his untouched beer glass. 'I left her on her own, meaning she'll be pissed when I see her. She's probably living in the house still, because where else would she be.'

A lot of members became aware of Laxus's odd behavior, since he's never not drank alcohol that was offered to him. Thinking back to abnormal actions, Marcos was reminded of something that had happened a number of years back when news of the Tenrou Island disappears broke out.

"Hey Laxus, now that you're here, I just remember a few years back a little girl came by and she mention your name." This snapped Laxus's attention over to the blue haired man, including those around him which were Erza, Makarov, and the Thunder Legion.

"A little girl?" Erza questioned watching how Laxus's shoulders began to shake.

"Yeah, she looked about 11 with auburn hair and bluish gold eyes, and I think she wore a lightening shaped necklace-" He abruptly cut off by Laxus, who bundled up the front of his shirt aggressively.

"Where is she? Do you know what happened to her?" His tone was hushed, switching off from anger to worry.

"I-I don't know I just told her about what happened to you guys and she took off before I could say anything else.

"Why didn't you stop her?! She was just a little girl!"

"Laxus calm down." Erza ordered pulling him away from Marcos. "We just came home and you're already acting out."

Everyone was now staring at the commotion happening, observing how Laxus quickly snapped out of his harsh demeanor when realizing his mistake.

"Marocs I'm sorry." He apologized sincerely to a shell-shocked Marcos, who was still recovering but forgave the young man.

"Laxus, are you alright?" Freed asked him with concern. "Why are you over reacting at the news of this little girl? Is she important?"

Makarov observed his grandson curiously as he brushed his teammates questions off and turned his back to them all, walking out the doors leaving the whole guild confused. The old man and red-head shared a similar thought as sneak away, unnoticed by others, who went straight back to their own interactions among their friend groups. However, the two were ignorant to three individual trailing behind them as they followed Laxus into the forest.

Laxus's POV

I raced out of the guild ashamed that I let my emotions get the best of me, right after they just welcomed me back. Yet I didn't care about my reputation at the moment, I cared about Chiyo's well-being and where she was right now. Was she at the house? Did she leave to go searching for me? Did she hate me? She probably does after all these years.

I was so focused on my negative thoughts that I forgot to use my lighting body to get pass these damn annoying woods but fuck it I ran so fast that I was already exiting them. I felt relieved that the house was still there and not burnt down, until I notice a bubble-like coating on it. The plants surrounding the house had shrivel up due to lack of water and the fence were chipped with the wood rotting.

'This is the barrier spell I taught her, but why is it up?' I thought confused, my frown deepening. 'What if she got into some trouble and hiding inside from them?' I panicked breaking the seal causing the bubble to pop and threw the door open.

Back In The Woods With The Stalkers Third Person POV

Erza and Makarov tracked the path the Lightning Dragon Slayer had gone down growing more confused and frustrated with each step.

"What on earth is going through that boy's head that he would be wandering this never-ending forest?" He griped from Erza's arms as she carried him to quicken their pace.

"Yes, we are pretty deep in these woods." Erza nodded in agreement. "We've even passed Porlyusia's." Her ears then twitched at a snapping sound in the distance, and the small man must have heard it also since he did not quiz her on her pause. She closed her eyes, focusing on the noises around her, resting her free hand on the hilt of her sword. Patiently waiting for that sudden cracking sound to finally ring again.

'There you are.' She thought throwing her sword into the trees above them, smiling in satisfaction seeing her targets fall in a painful human pile at her feet. "Why are you following us?"

Evergreen was the first to speak as she groaned under the weight of Bickslow. "We saw you guys spying on Laxus, so we decided to spy on you."

"Exactly! How dare you invade Laxus's privacy!" Freed snapped throwing Evergreen and Bickslow off him, approaching the fiery warrior with no fear when it concerned his precious leader. "It's rude and disrespectful that you do not trust him even after he redeemed himself."

"Aren't you also invading his privacy, because by following us it also means that you are following Laxus too." Erza pointed out causing the green haired male to freeze.

"And yes, it is true that he has proven himself, but he's been acting strange since we've came back." Makarov spoke, while Erza added, "We're just as worried about him as you three. Haven't you noticed his anxious attitude since the island?"

"He has been acting weird recently." Evergreen tapped her chin in thought and the other legion members nodded their heads in response.

"Now, that you mention it, he did wake in a more abrupt manner than the rest of us." Freed stated calmly.

"He also said a name when he woke up." Bickslow piped in along with his babies echoing him in the background.

"A name?" Erza and Makarov asked.

"Yeah, I think it was 'Chiyo'." Evergreen confirmed clicking a light bulb on in Erza's mind.

"Chiyo? That could be the little girl Marocs was talking about at the guild." She said looking down at her Master in her arms.

"It might be. We must continue to trail Laxus to find out." Makarov announced waving his hand in an 'onwards' motion.

"If it's for the good of Laxus's well-being we must invade his privacy, let's move." Freed declared taking the lead leaving everyone to sweat-drop at him.