Ch 29: Childish Fights

The Sabertooth members watch in amazement with the way Natsu was landing blow after blow on their master, it was something they haven't seen since Chiyo but that battle was stopped by her own hands not by another's like this one.

With the dust clearing from his potentially deadly attack that caused a hole in the top of the building they were in, Natsu was surprised to see a raven-haired woman blocking his previous attack.

"I think tonight's festivities have extended enough; don't you think?" Her sounded like a true venomous viper and it didn't sit well with Natsu.

"Minerva, who told you-"

"Of course, even if this present state of affairs were to continue, father would surely triumph." She interrupted the beastly man sounding confident but inside see knew what this boy might have been capable of, he reminded her of Chiyo and though her blood boiled at the thought of that ginger brat she remained cool on the surface. "However, there is such a thing known as "maintaining appearances", so siding aside the fact that you were the one to attack us...it'd put us in a real bind if our master were to eliminate a participant in the games." She argues civilly. "Father only got fired up because it was a challenged declared in front of his subordinates meaning he had no choice but to defend himself. So, how about it? Will you allow me to save some face here? Because if so," her hands moved in a circular motion as a mist formed around them and produced with a pop a weeping Happy, "Then I can return this kitten to you unharmed."

"Happy!" Natsu cried, watching his best friend struggling in her hold. "Damn it."

"Listen all I'm saying is even though you caused so much damage to our subordinates, we're willing to overlook it." She says, petting Happy's blue head. "I'm asking you to act in a mature fashion."

"I think one should act mature themselves before telling someone else to." Chiyo's velvet voice snapped everyone to the half-breed as she walked pass Natsu to stand in front of Minerva, while briefly making eye contact with Rogue and Sting behind the father and daughter. "Don't you know that it's childish to take things that don't belong to you?"

Minerva's lips twitch downwards for a second before going back up, "Well, I'm just stating facts. We don't some bratty boy coming into our guild having a tantrum over something meaningless like throwing out a broken toy." She says hoping to get under Chiyo's skin. "But why are you coming at me, a follow guild mate, with hostility first when he's the one you should be having a problem with." Minerva leans in to speak into Chiyo's ear, "Is it because he's Fairy Scum?" Her smile widens seeing Chiyo tense. "I've been watching you Chiyo, and I know all about your soft spot." Natsu's own ears picked up on Minerva's words, along with Sting and Rogue as all three pierced their gaze into the dragon girl.

Minerva was hoping that Chiyo would tremble before her but she tsked seeing mocking smirk appearing on her pink lips. "Actually, Nerva, I just like playing Mommy and making sure things are in order. So, yes I'll agree with you Pinky was being a brat-"

"Hey-" but Chiyo held a finger up to silence him.

"Shush the adults are talking." She then continued her conversation, "But like you said, we have an appearance to keep up, meaning we'd be giving off the wrong one if we were to continue playing dirty tricks like holding cute kitty cats hostage." She takes Happy from Minerva who doesn't fight it and walks over to Natsu to drop the creature into his waiting arms. Despite what Minerva had told her earlier, Chiyo was doing this only because she would never want someone to take San away from her as she watches with soft eyes how tightly Natsu holds his sobbing companion.

"You're fine now Happy. It was my fault for allow that to happen." Natsu comforts.

"It was your fault." His eyes snap over to Chiyo, "If you hadn't been so reckless, he wouldn't have been in danger in the first place. So, I suggest you learn to think before you act sometimes and go back to your own guild." She then spins on her heel, pushing pass the Master and his daughter, but pauses hearing Natsu whisper under his breath,