Ch 22: Learning New Tricks

(A/N: I just want to take a moment to recognize how cute Lyon is and how flawed his love life is.)

"This is definitely a surprising matchup, but we are not complaining, am I right folks?" The announcer asked receiving a variety of positive feedback from the crowd. "To end our games for the day we are ending with a rematch between Lyon Vastia." Lyon stepped out of the tunnel's shadows and into the light of the arena, being welcomed by a cheering audience. "And Chiyo Suzuki otherwise known as Elementina!"

The people in the stands were now roaring with excitement at the slight of the ginger female who sent Lyon a smirk as she and him meet in the middle, grasping the other's hand. She mentally taunts him with the fact that the crowd screamed for her louder than him, causing him to scowl in annoyance as if he could read her competitive thoughts.

"They're shaking hands?" Makarov questioned in dumbfounded tone.

"Is that a mandatory thing that the others have been neglecting?" Mavis asked one of the Fairy Tail members standing behind her and Makarov.

"No, Elementina is the only one who will shake hands with her opponents." They informed, this new information surprising them. "She does it before every game."

"How noble.." The words escaped from Freed's lips subconsciously as him, Bickslow, and Evergreen came up besides their Master to get a closer look at the fight.

"Developing a crush on Laxus's girl. Freed?" Bickslow playfully teased noticing how focused he was on her. 'Crush' the dolls sang 'Crush'

"Ooo, how scandalous." Ever chirped in, snapping the greenette to the real world.

"Quiet! I would never betray Laxus in such a manner." Freed screeched loudly catching everyone's attention in their section, then lower his volume level with a blush as he continued. "I was just admiring her nobility. It's a quality that I approve of if she is going to be his soulmate."

Makarov internal agrees with Freed; he may have never personally meet with the girl his grandson was destined to be with but what he had witnessed so far from her acts in defending others (and slapping his grandson which he got a real big kick out of), he was approving of her already.

Mavis just smiled down at the young Chiyo with her face set in a soft expression. Memories flowed through her mind in remembrance of an old friend that had the same respectable habit.

~Team A~

"Alright, time to see what this girl is really made of." Natsu said, leaning forward on the stone railing like an overzealous pup.

The red head to his left nodded her head, "I'm curious as well to what she is capable of."

"So far she's been one manly chick." Elfman commented on Natsu's other side.

~Team B~

"Elementina is a peculiar name." Mirajane said, curious to how such a name came about.

"Yes, you would think her title would be named after her fire abilities." Juvia added.

"It's because fire isn't her only power." Laxus spoke up, watching Chiyo's and Lyon's interaction from above. His eagerness to see them fight was struggling with his jealousy to not rip their hands apart. It already took all his will power not to throw that clingy blonde toward the moon. A part of him was really hoping he'd fall to his death when Chiyo pushed him as a distraction. Yes, he had seen what she had done during Lucy's match because not once had he taken his eyes off Chiyo since the start of the games. He was just better at hiding his actions than his former pupil.

"She has more than one?" The girls blinked their eyes in a bewildered motion.

"You seem a bit too excited there, Laxus." Gajeel smirked trying to get a reaction from the handsome man but his comment went unnoticed by Laxus who was solely focused on Chiyo.