Ch 27: Listen To Your Heart

"What happened!" Arcadios barked in a fit of rage at the wounded soldiers in front of him.

"I'm sorry, Sir, the element magic user has escaped."

"How can you lose a child?" He hissed, taking in the site of more soldiers on the ground and a busted cell.

"Because he's small." One answered.

"And he's a tough one too sir knocked out 5 of our men." Another informed, both receiving a heated glare.

"All this trouble over a brat." Arcadios tsked, turning back to the remaining men. "Well, go out there and find him!" They saluted their higher up and run in the direction of the escapee.

One stayed behind to ask the royal knight, "What if we don't find him, Sir."

"Then we'll just use Chiyo Suzuki then." He said, "Because I refuse to have anything get in our way."

Meanwhile on the empty streets of Crocus was a young boy around the age of 5, close to 6, running as fast as his legs could take him. He hides himself in one of the dark alleyways and watches the royal soldiers racing past him while fixing the glasses that fell to the tip of his nose.

"I gotta find her before she's caught like me." The boy said, a natural pout rising on his lips. "Ugh I knew I should have stayed with Barbie but I had to see them.." His icy, hazel eyes sadden at his trailed sentence. "Just once, please."

In another area of the city was our stories main character, Chiyo wandering on cleared brick roads with a bottle of rich wine in her hand. She brought it thinking she could drink away her worries about what was happening at her guild right now but there was a problem...

"Ew that's gross!" The ginger spat the devil liquid out. The problem was that Chiyo was not a drinker and hated the taste of alcohol. "Why would people drink this?"

"You should have learned from the first." A rough voice said, before the was taken out of her hand.

"I thought I'd grow to handle it." She pouts knowing exactly who that voice belonged to. "Who let's a child drink to begin with?"

"You wouldn't shut up until I gave you sip." Laxus shrugs, drinking from the bottle with a huge gulp as he walked besides her. "Why are you drinking by yourself anyways? Shouldn't with your guild mates?"

"Shouldn't you be with yours? Or do you have nothing better to do then stalk me." She huffed, ripping he bottle away from him. She thanks the gods that it was too dark for him to see her blushing due to the indirect kiss that just occurred. "I mean first in the shopping center now here. Such predator behavior."

"I told you we needed to talk." He simply says, feeling awkward yet he hid it well. "So tell me why are out here trying and failing to drink."

"What afraid I'm that helpless that I'll fall victim to the demons in the night." She gave him attitude, which on anyone else it would irk him, but it was amusing when Chiyo did it.

"No, I know you can kick anyone's ass in one move." Laxus smirks remembering he previous matches and the times she would beat on that cocky shit on her team. "I just didn't like seeing you alone."

"Oh well then it's a good thing you weren't here then those years you went missing." She released a cold sarcastic laugh, leading them into a crushing and regrettable silence. Chiyo then pauses in front of Crocus central water fountain that shined with beauty in the moonlight. Laxus stops with her but his gaze burns into her until she cracks, "Fine if you're that interested, I'm out here because Yukino told me she didn't want me there when Master dismisses her."